[Merged] Hats Off to Dalton (1 Viewer)

Not a fan of “should have” stats.

Winston easily could have had 2 more INTs last week.

Healthy Dalton > Injured Winston. I don’t know why people can’t agree on this.

No one is disagreeing i think Pretty much every can agree a healthy player is head and shoulders better than an injuried player.

The issue is when people make false statements. Like saying this game was better than a 5 touchdown game, is where the issue comes at.

I say we should roll with dalton,until he screws up so much that we bench him. He took most of the refs with the starters before the season, so it makes sense.

Big L that’s on both sides with the double standards.

Taker “their” QB? He isn’t our QB? We had 24 seconds on the last drive with no time outs and so to even get there was by a great throw and catch so that’s not even fair. He played really good today, he wasn’t Brees but he played well enough to win the game.

And I asked both if you
Last week and neither responded, can you honestly say Winston is a better QB right now than he was in Tampa or is he the same inconsistent guy and you’re just hoping he changes because to be honest there is no way you can see he isn’t.
You missing the point entirely.

You champion mediocrity. I champion neither. I don't care who is QB, but Dalton wasn't great. Winston was unplayable with his injury.

At the same time Dalton was just competent. Good QBs do better than 60 yard field goals. They don't get stalled out in the 4th quarter. They don't score only 7 points in the 1st half. Dalton didn't have a great 1st half outside of the 1st drive while he was knocking off the rust. I hope he continues to get settled and be more 3rd Quarter Dalton. Dalton had two plays to get in closer in FG range. He wasn't press by the clock. all he needs was a handful of yards and he couldn't make the throws.

A QB that throws 227 yards with one TD and a turnover and had two drives to win the game... Came up short riding his arm. Wow... That's not even worth caring about to be honest.

Why don't we wait till he has a legitimately great game... He should vs Seattle. I like what I saw in Dalton, but that was simply an okay game.

It be nice you guys realize the situation that we are really at the moment. We don't have a great playcaller. We got a head coach with no presence on Offense or Special Teams. We are ATL levels of conservative, but you guys want to have this peeing contest on QBs. They are both mediocre. I don't care. We was supposed to have championship aspiration or bust. Now, it's about losing, but let's make it appealing because my QB is playing. It's so childish.

.... until Jameis is healthy
No. Jameis is done IMO. He’s obviously not the long term answer at QB, and in the short term he’s too inconsistent to help the team compete for the division. Dalton can run this offense with consistency and accuracy…. We can compete and stay viable with him. And that’s never going to happen with Winston.

We are not scrapping the entire offensive system or replacing the entire coaching staff either. We have won games with this type of team and player before - Teddy B - Dalton can be that - Jameis can’t.

Well I don’t wanna hear about what the refs should’ve and shouldn’t have called or about how we should’ve won this game if we speaking facts only ;we still lost so I don’t matter the qb cause he turned the ball over right before the half giving up points when we were supposed to be getting the ball back
DF3DB452-732D-4DF9-BEA9-BDD6CD464363.jpeg

597B2F85-0455-49BB-BB8A-C2360C0883A2.jpeg

🤦🏽‍♂️. Don't try to move the goal post. You clearly said he looked better today than ANY game Winston played for the saints. ANY game means it doesn't matter what season.

Winston didn't just start playing games this season, so last season counts in that.

Once again, do yards win games, or do touchdowns win games?

F the yards. I care about the touchdowns.

Winston accounted for 5 touchdown in this game, and dalton accounted for 1,but thats some how better than 5 touchdowns 🤣🤣🤣.

You clearly can't comprehend. The comment said that dalton looked better today than Winston has in ANY, game he has played for the saints.

ANY GAME, ALSO MEAN ANY SEASON.

The comment was proven false.

I swear some of your brains are so clogged by hate, that it isn't even functioning properly 🤣🤣🤣.
The comment you are quoting did not say "ANY" game . It said ALMOST any game.

BoNcHiE said:

Guys, I like Jameis. Have supported him pretty heavily. But citing a game where he threw for 150 yards over a year ago as some kind of "own" is just silly. That GB game was incredibly odd and flukey, and all of us said it at the time.

Dalton was a better overall passer today than we've seen from Winston in almost all his starts because he's so streaky. And it's not week 1 of 2021 anymore. He's had an ACL tear and a broken back since then.

Not a fan of “should have” stats.

Winston easily could have had 2 more INTs last week.

Healthy Dalton > Injured Winston. I don’t know why people can’t agree on this.
I feel you, with that said, he could easily have a few more TDs too. It is what it is. I just feel that it doesn’t matter who the QB is, we ain’t winning because we are officiated differently than other teams.

Yup. A big ole snore fest which is lauded by the masses that still see the same game from the Saints that they saw over 10 years ago.
There are plenty of quarterbacks I would rather have over at Dalton, obviously.. and I would say that I don't love this offense and would like to see us change with the times there.. but just calling it as I see it regarding the QB position and I don't even think it's really close enough for debate that Dalton looked more comfortable and less hectic than Jameis ever really does.

Did it come with a win ? No
Defense played pretty well today special teams and offense put them in bad situations still so what’s the difference ones hurt the others not ; I thought we should’ve drafted a mobile qb with our unstable line and inconsistent run game and still believe that to be true

Did it come with a win ? No
Defense played pretty well today special teams and offense put them in bad situations still so what’s the difference ones hurt the others not ; I thought we should’ve drafted a mobile qb with our unstable line and inconsistent run game and still believe that to be true
True. Doesn’t matter how “good” we looked, we walked out with a L….

The comment you are quoting did not say "ANY" game . It said ALMOST any game.

BoNcHiE said:

Guys, I like Jameis. Have supported him pretty heavily. But citing a game where he threw for 150 yards over a year ago as some kind of "own" is just silly. That GB game was incredibly odd and flukey, and all of us said it at the time.

Dalton was a better overall passer today than we've seen from Winston in almost all his starts because he's so streaky. And it's not week 1 of 2021 anymore. He's had an ACL tear and a broken back since then.
I just would like some people to actually act like our qb was playing off a acl tear a broken back and a bum ankle instead of wanting to be right about him being trash and celebrating the backup for a soso losing performance lol

No. Jameis is done IMO. He’s obviously not the long term answer at QB, and in the short term he’s too inconsistent to help the team compete for the division. Dalton can run this offense with consistency and accuracy…. We can compete and stay viable with him. And that’s never going to happen with Winston.

We are not scrapping the entire offensive system or replacing the entire coaching staff either. We have won games with this type of team and player before - Teddy B - Dalton can be that - Jameis can’t.
That's your opinion, I respect it.

IMO (and I believe the coaching staffs opinion as well) is that a healthy Winston is the better player.

Dalton should start until he's healthy and us fans should rally behind him. If the staff decides to give the reins back to JW we should rally behind him as well.

I just would like some people to actually act like our qb was playing off a acl tear a broken back and a bum ankle instead of wanting to be right about him being trash and celebrating the backup for a soso losing performance lol
Man, you said it!

That's your opinion, I respect it.

IMO (and I believe the coaching staffs opinion as well) is that a healthy Winston is the better player.

Dalton should start until he's healthy and us fans should rally behind him. If the staff decides to give the reins back to JW we should rally behind him as well.
So never criticize Winston or give credit to anyone else who plays QB for the Saints. EVER!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom