[Merged] Hats Off to Dalton (2 Viewers)

There is no QB controversy and the starting job won't be lost due to Winstons injury unless Dalton can string together some wins. He lost today so too early for the Jamies haters to beat that drum.

Did you actually watch the game? The 5 TDs was the most unimpressive 5 TD game in NFL history. Prove me wrong.
Winston had 148 passing yards that game and 55 yards came on one play. Defense and special teams dominated that game but they don’t care about that. They pick and choose stats to blindly defend winston

So when Jameis gets healthy do we force a square peg into a round hole again?
We don’t know how long JW is out could be back next game. I don’t think he will be out long. They’re gonna go back to him guys. Dalton played well but we did lose and they did score on a Dalton fumble. Had we won and he didn’t fumble maybe there would be a convo here but they’re going back to JW.

I just would like some people to actually act like our qb was playing off a acl tear a broken back and a bum ankle instead of wanting to be right about him being trash and celebrating the backup for a soso losing performance lol
I acknowledge all of that in regards to his injuries, they're certainly not helping anything.. and I don't care about being right or anything because I'm all over the place on that stuff lol, I just want to win games.. but the flip side is that I think most everyone should be able to acknowledge from watching this game today that Dalton - for whatever reasons - looked more comfortable than Jameis has in this offense, even dating back to last year. I don't think that's the be all, end all quite yet after just one game with Dalton, but it is.. something.

You missing the point entirely.

You champion mediocrity. I champion neither. I don't care who is QB, but Dalton wasn't great. Winston was unplayable with his injury.

At the same time Dalton was just competent. Good QBs do better than 60 yard field goals. They don't get stalled out in the 4th quarter. They don't score only 7 points in the 1st half. Dalton didn't have a great 1st half outside of the 1st drive while he was knocking off the rust. I hope he continues to get settled and be more 3rd Quarter Dalton. Dalton had two plays to get in closer in FG range. He wasn't press by the clock. all he needs was a handful of yards and he couldn't make the throws.

A QB that throws 227 yards with one TD and a turnover and had two drives to win the game... Came up short riding his arm. Wow... That's not even worth caring about to be honest.

Why don't we wait till he has a legitimately great game... He should vs Seattle. I like what I saw in Dalton, but that was simply an okay game.

It be nice you guys realize the situation that we are really at the moment. We don't have a great playcaller. We got a head coach with no presence on Offense or Special Teams. We are ATL levels of conservative, but you guys want to have this peeing contest on QBs. They are both mediocre. I don't care. We was supposed to have championship aspiration or bust. Now, it's about losing, but let's make it appealing because my QB is playing. It's so childish.

To be fair, i didn't expect dalton to come in and light things up. He's had reps in preseason,but in game is different.

Anyone who expected him to come in and light it up set themselves up for failure. He needs more reps,to fully judge what he did. I expected him to be rusty.

I expect him to look better next week, since he has had a full game to play.

This was the best game that Pete called so far. This game is not on Pete.
It was better than the previous 3 outings. They limited those trips tight formations and ran the ball better. It's still a stale offense with zero excitement and isn't threatening to no one.

We don’t know how long JW is out could be back next game. I don’t think he will be out long. They’re gonna go back to him guys. Dalton played well but we did lose and they did score on a Dalton fumble. Had we won and he didn’t fumble maybe there would be a convo here but they’re going back to JW.
Based on DA's post game interview, it sounds like he's going to play Winston in the next game.

Winston will not be fully healed or mobile, so I think he will get blitzed a lot, hit a lot and injured again.

I don't see any way Winston truly gets healthy or effective this year, but I fully suspect DA to play him into the ground regardless of the W-L record.

Andy dalton had a top 6 wr in aj green a beast in mixon and a physical defense been to
I acknowledge all of that in regards to his injuries, they're certainly not helping anything.. and I don't care about being right or anything because I'm over the place on that stuff lol, I just want to win games.. but the flip side is that I think most everyone should be able to acknowledge from watching this game today that Dalton - for whatever reasons - looked more comfortable than Jameis has in this offense, even dating back to last year. I don't think that's the be all, end all quite yet after just one game with Dalton, but it is.. something.
he looked better because the line looked better but I’m sure some will say that’s because Jameis holding the ball too long or didn’t change the play when the rb whiffed on the block on a blitz but hey what I seen today was a improvement even though right before the half he fumbled looking like Jameis under pressure take away those 3 points and what we have is a tie game but he was perfect today lol

To be fair, i didn't expect dalton to come in and light things up. He's had reps in preseason,but in game is different.

Anyone who expected him to come in and light it up set themselves up for failure. He needs more reps,to fully judge what he did. I expected him to be rusty.

I expect him to look better next week, since he has had a full game to play.
I am looking forward to next week. I really want a great game by this offense soon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom