[Merged] High Pitch - Low Pitch [mod edit: noisemaking techniques] (1 Viewer)

Clintonrebel

Pro-Bowler
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
With all of this talk about noise on Sunday, what's going to get the meter higher Sunday.....scream like a girl on a horror movie or a good low pitched manly holler from the diaphragm? Asking for a friend.

With all of this talk about noise on Sunday, what's going to get the meter higher Sunday.....scream like a girl on a horror movie or a good low pitched manly holler from the diaphragm? Asking for a friend.

I usually opt for lower to mid tones and vary my pitch with my neighbors to as to create dissonant tones.

I guess my scream is a combo of both. What I can tell you is that I can't lose my voice but I can lose some of the high pitch part of my voice so I must be using that. Trust me, it's loud, every game I'll notice someone turn around and look at me for a second when I'm screaming.

I guess my scream is a combo of both. What I can tell you is that I can't lose my voice but I can lose some of the high pitch part of my voice so I must be using that. Trust me, it's loud, every game I'll notice someone turn around and look at me for a second when I'm screaming.

Give it all you got this Sunday Scorpius.
For Drew.

From a physics point of view a higher pitch has more kinetic energy.
Higher pitch is more directional so you can point it at the Rams better.
It also is more likely to echo.
Lower pitch will bend around objects better.
So unless you can't direct it at the field. Go with high pitch.
Funny thing with that is that it could be louder on the field than the DB meter reads depending on placement of the sensor.

Last edited:
how many rock stars regularly hang out in their high register?
how many bother singing profundo?

cheer like Robert Plant wearing leather pants sliding down a banister into an end post

Ha, it doesn’t matter as long as you can’t speak normally or go without coughing for at least a week. Gold jacket, green jacket, I don’t give a...

I clap and modulate up and down with my scream except when they are at my yardline (roughly the 15-20 yd line left to right on the press box side). Then I cup my hands and try to direct my voice at them.

Is that a sound (pun intended) auditory strategy????

Wife can't hang for 4 quarters on more than 3rd down with just her voice. She's bringing a cowbell this week for the first time.

Man... I can whistle VERY loud and if I could teach 80,000 people how to do it, no one would lose their voice and ears would bleed...

Man... I can whistle VERY loud and if I could teach 80,000 people how to do it, no one would lose their voice and ears would bleed...

Hmmmm, ear bleed vs. lost voice. I'll take whichever gets us the win.

For me, low pitch hurts my throat less

Don't worry about pitch, just project:
  1. form your mouth into the perfect shape to make your loudest sound
  2. push the air out from your diaphragm, not your throat
  3. Imagine you're trying to get the attention of someone all the way across The Dome
Great voices don't need mikes because they "sing to the back row", so pretend you're an opera star this Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom