[MERGED] Ingram pulled up..lost game (1 Viewer)

I forking lost it more on that one play than I did any other play during the entire game.
Younger me would have broken at least one tv remote and possibly my hand last night.

Older me kinda shrugged. Blasted out some choice words on twitter and then let it go. Ever since the "No Call" I just can't be that invested in anything that goes on in this league anymore.

By whom? Exactly who are you accusing and why would anyone tell him not to get the first down?
Same people that told Marcus Williams to whiff on that tackle, or for Patrick Maholmes to give Burrow the AFCCG, kickers to botch extra points and chip shots, etc. Every week, every year.

He didn’t! he ran right into another guy on the sideline and stopped… he didn’t go down, he was fine…

I don’t get these excuses from people… This is UNACCEPTABLE…

View attachment FullSizeRender.MOV

You need to watch more than 6 seconds of it. He momentum stopped on the sideline and he immediated went down to 1 knee. Im not excusing it. Im not saying he doesnt deserve the criticism. But he absolutely went down, and they actually kept the camera on him for 5-10 seconds while he was down on a knee. Im saying to pin that loss, that piss poor clock management at the end of the game with 3 time outs, the slant on 3rd and 1 to a guy who has underperformed for 2 years, and then punting on 4th and 1 in plus territory are all coaching decisions. Its not Ingrams fault we lost. He was just a part of it.

Youre looking to blame someone, I get it. But he 100% went down after his momentum stopped. Its fact. Watch the entire sequence. Im not excusing the lack of effort. But watch the clip in the article below. You can even tell he tweaked something at the 49 yard line.

I also think it was a pretty bad spot. The ball was nearly at the first down marker in his right hand when he went out of bounds. She spotted it at least a half yard back.

Last edited:
Who’s to say he didn’t give extra effort to get the yards he did get? Maybe that was all he had on that leg?
Extra effort? Did you watch the play? He used just as much effort to make a complete right turn as he would have continuing at the angle, with no imminent contact, to go out of bounds.

We need to IR him and then release him. That should be his last game as a Saint.

"You will be known for the CHOICES you make."

"Words are cheap, it's what you DO that matters."

Inexcusable choice he made last night.

And words won't set it right.

If he were a younger player, he'd have the chance to set it right (for example, Trautman made a ton of horrible plays this year but has at least been serviceable this year), but I think this it for Ingram so I don't think he gets the chance.

Mark shoulda picked up the first and he knows it. One play, turns it up gets the yard it's a w. Maybe, been a lot of games like that this season.

I saw that, good on him.
Not enough. He blew first Bucs game with fumble inside the 5, now he chickened out last night. An apology is not enough. HE BLEW THE SEASON IN THE TWO BIGGEST GAMES. He has got to be gone. If it’s being put in IR fine but get him out of the fans’ faces.

Not enough. He blew first Bucs game with fumble inside the 5, now he chickened out last night. An apology is not enough. HE BLEW THE SEASON IN THE TWO BIGGEST GAMES. He has got to be gone. If it’s being put in IR fine but get him out of the fans’ faces.

Come on. This is a bit ridiculous. A lot actually. We are 4-9 because of a fumble and Ingram picked up 8 instead of 9 on 2nd and 9? We had 2 downs to get 1 yard. With Taysom Hill not touching the ball. Pass to a underperforming, sometimes healthy scratch WR - then we completed the full chicken s by punting on 4th and 1 instead of icing the game.

Allen gets no shortage of excuses Ill give you that. 3rd worst winning % all time for a 2+ year HC, but Ingram gained 8, and fumbled earlier this year so its excusable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom