[Merged] Just became a Boomer esiason fan (1 Viewer)

DCTransplant

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
... for saying the wrong team is going to the super bowl. Then following up with "that's just ridiculous" when Nate Burleson tried to say Sean Payton blew other plays during the game

yeah... never really liked him but he was the lone wolf on the set and made a strong statement.

NolaNOCall

Last edited:
... for saying the wrong team is going to the super bowl. Then following up with "that's just ridiculous" when Nate Burleson tried to say Sean Payton blew other plays during the game
It’s ok for players and coaches to affect the outcome. It’s unacceptable for the refs to play a role.

Can already tell Burleson is gonna be "that guy" tomorrow on GMFB when Kay Adams and whoever else are grilling that blown call.

I literally don't care about any other play that happened before or after. That wasn't a ticky tack call that got overlooked. There was absolutely only one outcome that should have occurred there, and that's half-the-distance to the goal...and 1st down.

So Boomer drew the short straw and had to be the one to take our side? Sorry my cynicism is on high alert right now. If there was only one talking head saying it was a blown call, then that’s ridiculous.

So Boomer drew the short straw and had to be the one to take our side? Sorry my cynicism is on high alert right now. If there was only one talking head saying it was a blown call, then that’s ridiculous.

Could not agree with you more

FYI, you don’t need to become a Boomer fan. You can simply agree with his opinion.

Since Burleson thinks the blame lies on Payton for bad play calling, Kay Adams needs to ask him if he agreed with the pass call that resulted in a non Pass Interference penalty? Huh? Agree with THAT call Burleson?!!! Looked pretty good to me right up until the time he got laid out for all to see.

He looked legit. When Burleson started trying to say, "But Payton's play calls..." Boomer just shook his head and basically said, "no, don't go there." Burleson looked kind of spooked by it and just shut up.

Anyone in the media who tries to deflect from the non-call is simply a shill for the league. This is the NFLs chance to fix this problem, but they won’t do anything if half the talking heads say that incompetent officiating is part of the game.

No matter how either team got to that point in the game, we were there. Doesnt take away from the fact that it was a blatant no call and cost us a chance to run the clock down and kick a FG to be in the Superbowl. The talking heads can just shut the hell up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom