N/S [Merged] Kaep withdraws/Settles [mod edit] collusion case (1 Viewer)

Collusion in the NFL wasn't what Kaep was protesting. Agreed? You're trying to make this all about collusion when it was all about social injustice for him.

Perhaps for NFL hating selfish reasons you wanted the NFL to lose this case. I think Kaep sued the NFL for compensation he loss after using the field as his platform. The most obvious conclusion would be that he sued to recoup that compensation, not to carry out your vendetta of hate against the NFL. I can see how if you wanted to see the NFL lose, Kaepernick's settlement hurt you. But if you're Kaep, and you agreed to the settlement, you gotta think he got what he was after (or at least a good chunk of it) out of the settlement. And now he can continue doing what he he has now set out to do...protesting social injustice issues...not collusion

You’re purposefully avoiding answering and I understand- it’s inconvenient.

Kaep sued the NFL for colluding against him

Here is an article from espn:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21035352/colin-kaepernick-files-grievance-nfl-owners-collusion

He has not proven that the NFL colluded to keep him out. Agreed?

My point was that Kaep agreed to settle his collusion case. As settlements go, it wasn't likely the first offer or the only offer, but it was an offer he found acceptable because...well, he accepted it.

Because he accepted a settlement doesn't necessarily mean a thing in terms of what he deserves. Who knows? Maybe he got just enough to cover his likely substantial legal fees. The deeper in the hole he goes, the higher his risk exposure gets. Same could be said for the NFL though. They both agreed to a settlement, but until we see the terms of the settlement, it's hard to know who get the best of it

You’re purposefully avoiding answering and I understand- it’s inconvenient.

Kaep sued the NFL for colluding against him

Here is an article from espn:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21035352/colin-kaepernick-files-grievance-nfl-owners-collusion

He has not proven that the NFL colluded to keep him out. Agreed?

You're purposely trying to misdirect from what Kaep was taking a stand against. Was Kaep kneeling to prove collusion or to bring light to what he sees as social injustice?

I'm not answering your question because your question is pointless since your argument is that he sold out his cause. His CAUSE remains social injustice, not proving NFL collusion.

Because he accepted a settlement doesn't necessarily mean a thing in terms of what he deserves. Who knows? Maybe he got just enough to cover his likely substantial legal fees. The deeper in the hole he goes, the higher his risk exposure gets. Same could be said for the NFL though. They both agreed to a settlement, but until we see the terms of the settlement, it's hard to know who get the best of it

HE knows, LOL. He saw the terms. He agreed to them. He must've found them acceptable. How do we know this? He accepted them! He wasn't forced to do so. And the NFL (for dang sure) wasn't forced to settle, yet they did. The NFL fights tooth and nail usually, but they settled. We dont have to know if he deserved it or not. We just need to know if he found it acceptable...clearly he did.

He was more benched for protesting than he was beaten out by Blaine Gabbert.

Article date: July 23, 2016

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...abbert-as-a-better-fit-than-colin-kaepernick/

Article date: July 24, 2016

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ine-gabbert-will-start-over-colin-kaepernick/

If you wanna speculate that the preseason kneeling was a "final nail"...........well, I guess that can ultimately be neither proven nor disproven..............but the talk of him getting benched was going on weeks before.

HE knows, LOL. He saw the terms. He agreed to them. He must've found them acceptable. How do we know this? He accepted them! He wasn't forced to do so. And the NFL (for dang sure) wasn't forced to settle, yet they did. The NFL fights tooth and nail usually, but they settled. We dont have to know if he deserved it or not. We just need to know if he found it acceptable...clearly he did.

I don't mean to nitpick, but in the initial post, it was stated that he got what he deserved. What was it he deserved? $500k? $1mm? $10mm? How much were his legal fees? What were the terms of the agreement? Of course he agreed, but no one other than the 2 parties know the terms. I'm curious what the terms are and would be interesting to see if he got near what was speculated earlier.

Article date: July 23, 2016

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...abbert-as-a-better-fit-than-colin-kaepernick/

Article date: July 24, 2016

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ine-gabbert-will-start-over-colin-kaepernick/

If you wanna speculate that the preseason kneeling was a "final nail"...........well, I guess that can ultimately be neither proven nor disproven..............but the talk of him getting benched was going on weeks before.

By all accounts, he was benched for poor performance, multiple times. His play got worse as his career progressed. Defenses had him figured out and his game never really developed much after his first season. Whether that was enough for no team to want to pick him up is debatable. He was offered and turned down at least one contract and was going to sign with the Ravens, but allegedly got screwed out of that because of something his gf did. I think he's gonna have a tough time proving collusion in court imo. But, idk, maybe he's got an insider with communications and emails proving it, but if he did, I suspect it would have been leaked months ago.

I don't mean to nitpick, but in the initial post, it was stated that he got what he deserved. What was it he deserved? $500k? $1mm? $10mm? How much were his legal fees? What were the terms of the agreement? Of course he agreed, but no one other than the 2 parties know the terms. I'm curious what the terms are and would be interesting to see if he got near what was speculated earlier.

Ah...since you quoted me, I thought you were addressing what I said not the OP.

You're purposely trying to misdirect from what Kaep was taking a stand against. Was Kaep kneeling to prove collusion or to bring light to what he sees as social injustice?

I'm not answering your question because your question is pointless since your argument is that he sold out his cause. His CAUSE remains social injustice, not proving NFL collusion.

He is a sellout in the lawsuit. He never proved that the NFL colluded to keep him out. That is why he was suing the league. He sold out before proving anything. He’s still a social warrior but his integrity has certainly been damaged. People that follow him will ignore that he never proved that the NFL colluded.

I think the NFL probably did collude against him. I think they probably didn’t want him using their stage to make his protest. The league fashions itself as patriotic. It is patriotic to respect the flag and the anthem by at least standing with right hand on heart. Kaepernick didn’t want to do that and thus became a distraction. Fans didn’t like that. The league needs fans to keep the wheel turning.
So when Kaep tried to get back in the league, he was likely blackballed at least somewhat. Many fans probably agree that he should be kept out. The league though, has a rule against collusion and thus gave Kaep rationale to sue.

He just never got the NFL to the bright impartial light of the judicial system to prove wrongdoing. He took a payoff and thus sold out that cause or protest against the league.

Kaep has a protest or plaintiff approach to life it seems. I suppose He will always have a cause. I’d just be careful following someone like him. If the NFL can buy him off and make him sign a non disclosure, I’d estimate others can too.

He’s for sale

The latest speculation, but he has real sources, so his speculation is much better than many, from PFT is that the settlement was for costs of defense and a little bit more. The speculated costs of defense were calculated to be in the high 7 figure or low 8 figure range, so, let's say between $9-15 million. Add in a 25% bump and that gets you to between $13-19 million total. Reid would have presumably taken much less of the money because he just signed a big contract. I would say the pot was split 70/30 in favor of Kaep. Their lawyers probably got about 30% net, plus costs. Costs were probably less than $500K for sure. My guess is these numbers are close. Look for Kaep to get an offer to play for a team before training camp.

The latest speculation, but he has real sources, so his speculation is much better than many, from PFT is that the settlement was for costs of defense and a little bit more. The speculated costs of defense were calculated to be in the high 7 figure or low 8 figure range, so, let's say between $9-15 million. Add in a 25% bump and that gets you to between $13-19 million total. Reid would have presumably taken much less of the money because he just signed a big contract. I would say the pot was split 70/30 in favor of Kaep. Their lawyers probably got about 30% net, plus costs. Costs were probably less than $500K for sure. My guess is these numbers are close. Look for Kaep to get an offer to play for a team before training camp.

After all that's happened over the last couple of years, I don't see him getting an offer. Someone will likely kick the tires and then say no thanks. I'd be very surprised if he's on a roster on opening day.

After all that's happened over the last couple of years, I don't see him getting an offer. Someone will likely kick the tires and then say no thanks. I'd be very surprised if he's on a roster on opening day.
Agreed, and the biggest reason, by far, will be the simple fact that he's not a very good QB anymore. He hasn't been for some time. The kneeling issue is old news and nobody really cares anymore. Supposedly Eric Reid knelt last year when playing for the Panthers. Barely a peep about it.

He is a sellout in the lawsuit. He never proved that the NFL colluded to keep him out. That is why he was suing the league. He sold out before proving anything. He’s still a social warrior but his integrity has certainly been damaged. People that follow him will ignore that he never proved that the NFL colluded.

Ah...a break through. This helps. Now I get it. You think because he sued the league it means he was trying to make some altruistic point, where he needed the lawsuit to go to trial and get a judgment. The term "lawsuit" is used in reference to a civil action brought in a court of law in which a plaintiff, a party who claims to have incurred loss as a result of a defendant's actions, demands a legal or equitable remedy. Once a remedy is reached, via judgment or settlement, the lawsuit is ended. The point of a lawsuit is not to prove anything. The point is to reach a resolution. The point of a lawsuit is to reach a legal or equitable remedy....not make Brown feel good about seeing the NFL lose in court. Kaep reached a remedy he was comfortable with, lawsuit over. The end goal was an equitable remedy for what he believed to have loss at the hands of the NFL.

Ah...a break through. This helps. Now I get it. You think because he sued the league it means he was trying to make some altruistic point, where he needed the lawsuit to go to trial and get a judgment. The term "lawsuit" is used in reference to a civil action brought in a court of law in which a plaintiff, a party who claims to have incurred loss as a result of a defendant's actions, demands a legal or equitable remedy. Once a remedy is reached, via judgment or settlement, the lawsuit is ended. The point of a lawsuit is not to prove anything. The point is to reach a resolution. The point of a lawsuit is to reach a legal or equitable remedy....not make Brown feel good about seeing the NFL lose in court. Kaep reached a remedy he was comfortable with, lawsuit over. The end goal was an equitable remedy for what he believed to have loss at the hands of the NFL.
For the typical person, the above explains the usual process, but for men of principle, like Kaep, who will go to extreme lengths to make a point, it’s not satisfactory because.... it’s not about the money...

I deal with these mindsets all the time. They say they’re not concerned about the money. They just want to make a point. Set the record straight. Get their day in court and let everyone see how evil, wrong or otherwise corrupt the other side is.... and 9 times out of 10, they take the check.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom