N/S [Merged] Kaep withdraws/Settles [mod edit] collusion case (1 Viewer)

He took money (sold) in exchange for his silence! He signed a confidentiality agreement!
It’s classic selling of your ‘self’.

He’s a social warrior these days. He was trying to prove that there is systemic blackballing going on in the NFL and as a supposed man of principal, he should not have been about the money in his search for justice but in the end, that’s all he is about... the money. He should have been the 5% that get to court. He should have ignored any attempt by ‘the man’ to buy him out but what did he do? He SOLD! Done! It’s what companies do all the time to people who act like they’re about the principle. They throw money at them to challenge their resolve. And it works.

He is a text book SELL OUT!

He never proved that the nfl blackballed him. He never proved that the nfl was racist. He never proved that the league was systematically boycotting him.

Nope.
He let money get in the way.

That's a rather shallow and cynical interpretation of the facts, but perhaps you're right. It's certainly not surprising people would read it this way since, after all, Kap is a social justice advocate talking about inherent racism, police indifference to race and the most cynical group on earth - the NFL.

I think when you're fighting the fight he was fighting and the big bad NFL pays you off to the point you never have to work again, you've won. Confidentiality only means he can't discuss his case. He can keep on talking about what he wants and fighting the good fight.

But if he was more worried about principle than money, it wouldn’t matter.

I don't get this line of argument.

He can still speak about police treatment of minorities. He can still kneel all he wants. He's free to do all the Nike ads he wants and he can badmouth the legal system that disproportionately punishes minorities.

All this agreement pertains to is the NFL colluding against him by refusing him an opportunity of employment. He got paid and while he might never have been Drew Brees, he's certainly a better quarterback than Mark Sanchez, Colt McCoy and Josh Johnson all of whom played last year for the Redskins.

Kapernick won.

I would like to know where the settlement money comes from? Does it get pooled so that, in effect, all 32 teams take a pro rata hit on this? Assume it is $32 million, does each club have to send the NFL $1 million, do they "get" $1 million less each from the league next year? Remember the "NFL" is a "non-profit" organization, all money gets spent/sent to the clubs.

I think it should be a hit on each team that "colluded" if the NFL believes this happened. I don't think the Saints should take, in effect, a $1 million hit at any point (assuming a clean round number of $32 million, this was just for math purposes) when there was no way they would be looking for a starter or back-up QB at the time this happened.

Again, my numbers are for illustration purposes only.

(Just my way of getting a Saints angle on this story.)

The NFL is laughing.

“Yeah, we blackballed you. Now take this money and shut the hell up”

Kaep: “okay”

Last edited:
I don't get this line of argument.

He can still speak about police treatment of minorities. He can still kneel all he wants. He's free to do all the Nike ads he wants and he can badmouth the legal system that disproportionately punishes minorities.

All this agreement pertains to is the NFL colluding against him by refusing him an opportunity of employment. He got paid and while he might never have been Drew Brees, he's certainly a better quarterback than Mark Sanchez, Colt McCoy and Josh Johnson all of whom played last year for the Redskins.

Kapernick won.
Yeah of course he can continue his protest. He just can’t use the biggest stage on the planet. The NFL wins because he proved nothing except that he’s for sale.

They probably colluded and blackballed him but he’s willing to take money to keep his trap shut.

What’s the nike slogan? “Believe in something.... even if it means Sacrificing everything”....

Except when it comes to CKaep, there’s one exception.... money

He can be bought!

And he was

Last edited:
Pretty sure having to give him more $ after blackballing him wasn't in the plans
So what?
I don’t think anyone is putting together a gofundme for the nfl’s settlement. They have a lot of dough.

And now, despite being a corrupt klan, They didn’t and don’t have to put up with his cancerous attitude. They kept his protest at bay. He no longer can use their stage to make the case that the police are racist pigs.
The NFL wins.

And kaep can be bought.

Last edited:
This whole ordeal just adds credence to the belief that the NFL is a corrupt cesspool of good ole boy backroom dealing.

And Kaepernick can be bought off

Way to 'both-sides' this. Pick a side. My side is that Kaep and Geragos bent Roger the scumbag twerp Goodell over their knee and made him pay, which the NFL did, rather than risk losing a collusion trial publicly. The NFL bought itself off.

So what?

They didn’t have to put up with his cancerous attitude. They kept his protest at bay. He no longer can use their stage to make the case that the police are racist pigs.
The NFL wins.

And kaep can be bought.

Meh. I think a cancerous attitude is labeling someone an America hater just bcuz they make a peaceful protest against acts inwhich the perpetrators of such acts are rarely brought to justice, if ever. I missed the part where he was making a blanket statement that all cops are "racist pigs"

An environment where peaceful protest is frowned upon in a country that supposedly encourages it should be kept @ bay. How has the NFL won when they clearly lost ratings over this? I thought it was all about the ratings

U say he was bought. I'm sure he says he was paid his due n can use it to further his cause

Meh. I think a cancerous attitude is labeling someone an America hater just bcuz they make a peaceful protest against acts inwhich the perpetrators of such acts are rarely brought to justice, if ever. I missed the part where he was making a blanket statement that all cops are "racist pigs"
Check this out (that’s his leg btw)

D2B0F78D-E5E3-4891-B924-3211DA7B3826.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom