[MERGED] NFL is fixed (2 Viewers)

Yep That's why today they let steelers get a nice lead. Then they let falcons play catch up for spread.

The Refs "fix" games and maybe it's a certain narrative from the NFL brass and the NFL allows the Refs to skew games according the spread - it's not the first time pro sports refs gambled on games (see NBA). It's a symbiotic relationship. Take a look on how the NFL treats Refs, even the worse ones. It's corruption through and through. Mafia-esque.

If money is involved, corruption has already shown up.

Thing I find most intriguing is the fact that NFL crews are never held accountable for bad calls, and they're never interviewed after a game...

I've totally lost trust in the NFL, especially since online gaming has become a major part of it. Back in the old days of the NFL, this wouldn't even be considered. Hell, they wouldn't even put a team in Vegas because of the gambling ramifications. My have things changed, the all mighty dollar has completely ruined it...
It's the NFL's fault that many fans think games are fixed. It is indisputable that the Saints are picked on. In other words, cheated out of games.
But the NFL's/Goodell's vendetta against the Saints aside, the NFL has set the game up to be easily manipulated by continuously adding more rules. Rules that are at the mercy of the ref.

Roughing the passer
Football move on receptions
Hands to the face
Chop block

These rules are too discretionary.
And as for offensive holding -- we all know how that works.
You can include defensive holding with offensive holding.
Sometimes egregious holds are not called [ missed ] .
While others that are ticky-tack or not holding at all are called. Ala Taylor [ ? ]
last week that negated a Saints interception.

It all seems almost blatant to me now.

They truly can call holding on almost every play. So it's too easy to manufacture when the ref will call it.

And as someone mentioned here, the refs are not held accountable. Not as severely as they should be.

I've been seeing an increase in "hands to the face" calls this year. Markedly so. Or is it just me? So what if you hit a player on his helmet, or graze his face mask. If it is not severe, do not call it.

Needless to say, I am all for player safety.
But let's bring back common sense.
And integrity .

Bottom three in penalties called vs our opponents for four consecutive years?

Yeah.. I'd say it's concerted..
I forgot about this. I would argue this is proof, albeit circumstantial, of a concerted effort or wink-wink arrangement. Some teams get penalized more that others. That's part of the game. Having the fewest penalties called against your opponents year in and year out is darn near impossible to justify.

I forgot about this. I would argue this is proof, albeit circumstantial, of a concerted effort or wink-wink arrangement. Some teams get penalized more that others. That's part of the game. Having the fewest penalties called against your opponents year in and year out is darn near impossible to justify.
Yeah, it's some pretty strong evidence which indicates that it hasn't all been on the up and up, at least in regards to how they've called things in our games.

It's the NFL's fault that many fans think games are fixed. It is indisputable that the Saints are picked on. In other words, cheated out of games.
But the NFL's/Goodell's vendetta against the Saints aside, the NFL has set the game up to be easily manipulated by continuously adding more rules. Rules that are at the mercy of the ref.

Roughing the passer
Football move on receptions
Hands to the face
Chop block

These rules are too discretionary.
And as for offensive holding -- we all know how that works.
You can include defensive holding with offensive holding.
Sometimes egregious holds are not called [ missed ] .
While others that are ticky-tack or not holding at all are called. Ala Taylor [ ? ]
last week that negated a Saints interception.

It all seems almost blatant to me now.

They truly can call holding on almost every play. So it's too easy to manufacture when the ref will call it.

And as someone mentioned here, the refs are not held accountable. Not as severely as they should be.

I've been seeing an increase in "hands to the face" calls this year. Markedly so. Or is it just me? So what if you hit a player on his helmet, or graze his face mask. If it is not severe, do not call it.

Needless to say, I am all for player safety.
But let's bring back common sense.
And integrity .

The NFL's roster to influence and enable the desired outcomes.

You guys are insane if you think they aren't dictating games after our NFC championship game.
It's not just the refs. Go watch Maholmes give the game to Cincinnati last year in the AFCCG. Its blatantly obvious that players are in on the fix.

Go watch the Raiders attempts to tackle Kamara. It's hilarious. But it's all games. There's plenty of instances where the defense makes it look obvious they don't want to tackle. Adrian Petersons last big run, completely staged. Josh Allen against Minnesota this year. These guys are deliberately throwing games.

Tell us something we don’t already know about the NFL officiating.

Thing I find most intriguing is the fact that NFL crews are never held accountable for bad calls, and they're never interviewed after a game...

I've totally lost trust in the NFL, especially since online gaming has become a major part of it. Back in the old days of the NFL, this wouldn't even be considered. Hell, they wouldn't even put a team in Vegas because of the gambling ramifications. My have things changed, the all mighty dollar has completely ruined it...

Yup, I feel the same way….I still watch RZ but hardly watch whole games any longer, although I will probably watch tonight….it’s entertainment, not to be taken very seriously….it’s not the same game I watched growing up…..

When you see some of the amazing calls the officials make in real time (and they do….makes you sit back and say how did they see that?) and then they get a clear instant reply call or other obvious call wrong? C’mon man…..

I used to think it was fixed against us but after watching some of these games it's more of the game is so fast and just really bad calls at times. The game is almost too for the average human to do it with precision.

The problem I have is with consistency from crew to crew and when they do get a look and it should be changed they don't change the call. I say either go back to no instant replay or rework and rehabilitate the current format of it. They also need to rework pass interference rules and how the are penalized. They hail Mary pass and these receivers jumping around and getting late calls really has to change.

Accountability for referees is another thing that needs to be done because the integrity of the officials is always out there and it's usually not seen in the best light.

I've totally lost trust in the NFL, especially since online gaming has become a major part of it. Back in the old days of the NFL, this wouldn't even be considered. Hell, they wouldn't even put a team in Vegas because of the gambling ramifications.

FWIW, the league was forced on this one it seems. New Jersey successfully argued the SC to overturn the grandfather clause which rendered the LV issue moot as you technically have 2 teams who play where there is legal gambling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom