[MERGED] NFL is fixed (1 Viewer)

Lmao. They can't even fill the stands at home and you expect 150 million people to tune into that garbage? Nah. That's why they suck. Nobody cares about them. They don't sell tickets, jerseys, or any other merchandise. It's a scrimmage playing them.
The Super Bowl is still the Super Bowl.
You’re still gonna get a sold out stadium with the highest TV rating of the year.

The storyline would be that anyone can make it to the big game. Parity. I'd LOVE a Detroit Superbowl!
Parity is created. It's an illusion. If the NFL actually didn't interfere in any of the games, the same teams would win over and over again. Many teams would never see a playoff berth no matter what.

A player is drafted to a team that has zero chances of ever seeing a SB. You think if he wants to win that he should go play there? It's about money otherwise most players would pull an Eli Manning.

The Super Bowl is still the Super Bowl.
You’re still gonna get a sold out stadium with the highest TV rating of the year
They won't pack a stadium to watch Detroit vs Houston. Which player is going to be the MVP, and sell jerseys? None. That's why they'll never go.

It won't get the highest ratings when people tune out at half time. The NFL would have to deliver some magnificent fireworks and last second heroics and it still wouldn't generate the views like last year. If Barry Sanders and Megatron couldn't win, nobody can. That's why they retired and Stafford got traded. Garbage franchise.

They won't pack a stadium to watch Detroit vs Houston. Which player is going to be the MVP, and sell jerseys? None. That's why they'll never go.

It won't get the highest ratings when people tune out at half time. The NFL would have to deliver some magnificent fireworks and last second heroics and it still wouldn't generate the views like last year. If Barry Sanders and Megatron couldn't win, nobody can. That's why they retired and Stafford got traded. Garbage franchise.
It depends upon the players at the time. Who would've ever thought that the Saints vs the Colts would be a Superbowl people wanted to watch? Who were the Colts before Peyton Manning? NFL parity is by design, not interference. Any team with the right coach and right players can ascend to the top of the league.

That's correct. I know you don't want to hear that. Go back and watch that magical 2009 season and you'll see the refs, the defenses we faced, the plays all benefitted us that year.

Especially the Miami and Washington games. Go and watch those 2 games. Without the officials we lose.
Brees was a great QB and a great person for the league. Add in hurricane and you'll see how much money the NFL generated using that storyline over and over. Sorry bud but what you are seeing on TV is a stage.
LOL hilarious. Can’t believe someone that believes this nonsense wastes their energy on this sport if you believe it’s fake. My goodness next thing you’re going to tell me the earth is flat and Elvis is working at a Waffle House in Slidell.

That's correct. I know you don't want to hear that. Go back and watch that magical 2009 season and you'll see the refs, the defenses we faced, the plays all benefitted us that year.

Especially the Miami and Washington games. Go and watch those 2 games. Without the officials we lose.
Brees was a great QB and a great person for the league. Add in hurricane and you'll see how much money the NFL generated using that storyline over and over. Sorry bud but what you are seeing on TV is a stage.
The Washington game? I loved it when the ref took the ball on the interception and gave it to Big Meach! And when the ref caused the Washington kicker to miss that kick? Classic!

LOL hilarious. Can’t believe someone that believes this nonsense wastes their energy on this sport if you believe it’s fake. My goodness next thing you’re going to tell me the earth is flat and Elvis is working at a Waffle House in Slidell.
It's not a sport. I waste my time on this nonsense exactly the same as you and anyone else. It's entertainment.

That doesn’t make sense because the Saints were good for a decade after that.
They continued to put the Saints on national TV.
There’s no motive.
Yea but do you remember the phantom calls and BS called against us? It was like the WWE ever since the Super Bowl.

The Washington game? I loved it when the ref took the ball on the interception and gave it to Big Meach! And when the ref caused the Washington kicker to miss that kick? Classic!
Kickers miss on purpose often. It's the one thing nobody will ever question in this game. It's their only job and at 40yds they can make it with their eyes closed because they've kicked it thousands of times from every angle. You have kickers shank extra points. Explain that. Oh just the holder, or the wind, etc right? BS. Its the easiest way to point shave or outright lose.

I don’t think the NFL is rigged. I do think from time to time teams may get the benefit of the doubt or tacit assistance from reffs and by this I mean if your starting Tom Brady your going to get more roughing the passer, PI and defensive holding calls than if your starting Josh Dobbs at QB. If you have a reputation as a well coached, disciplined team and your going against a hot mess coached by someone clearly over his head they are going to look a little harder at the hot mess of a team vs. the well oiled machine, and that is just the reality of perception influences outcome.

This year we are that hot mess.

Or as our former coach said “that team”.
you might want to rewatch the saints/rams nfc championship game again. And you tell me that TWO refs standing completely still while looking at rams CB blast Saints WR 2 seconds before the ball arrived...that they "missed the call"

you might want to rewatch the saints/rams nfc championship game again. And you tell me that TWO refs standing completely still while looking at rams CB blast Saints WR 2 seconds before the ball arrived...that they "missed the call"
They missed nothing. They were instructed by the league to keep that flag in their pocket. It's all on video.

I don't think I've seen more incompetence and bad clock management...They did absolutely everything they could to make sure the Bucs had a chance to win that game. When they ran the heavy package with only wr on the field and they threw it, I was like--what are they doing?!??!?! Incomplete and the clock stops. Ingram running out of bounds was bad situational football all around...If he was hurt he didn't need to be in the game. I think Kamara is hurt too--he didn't have the juice yesterday. Adebo has been straight trash when it counts. Embarrassing is an understatement...If we didn't know it before, we know it now--don't believe ANYTHING the local or national sports writers say about this team or how how good the players look in offseason or training camp. I know they are doing their job to get us hype for the season but everything they have said about this team has been WRONG. Yeah there have been a few good plays here and there but this team has made them all liars. Adebo is exhibit 1...Until proven otherwise, I have better things to do with my time and money

I've been feeling like it's fixed since January 20, 2019. Nobody can convince me that game wasn't bought to ensure the Rams made it to the SB. I'm not being dramatic when I say a part of my soul died that day. Prior to that, I lived for football season and watched every game on television to the end regardless of matchup. Since then, I watch all Saints game, but only watch other teams when I am in a close matchup for fantasy football. I only stay awake for primetime games if the Saints are playing. My love for the NFL left me that day. My love for the Saints keeps me invested.

Last edited:
I've been feeling like it's fixed since January 20, 2019. Nobody can convince me that game wasn't bought to ensure the Rams made it to the SB. I'm not being dramatic when I saw a part of my soul died that day. Prior to that, I lived for football season and watched every game on television to the end regardless of matchup. Since then, I watch all Saints game, but only watch other teams when I am in a close matchup for fantasy football. I only stay awake for primetime games if the Saints are playing. My love for the NFL left me that day. My love for the Saints keeps me invested.
This is pretty on point for me as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom