[Merged] Roger Goodell’s Letter to Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Love this team!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, I read it. Sounds boilerplate. Glad he took so long to "personally" address something that egregious.

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Say what you will about John Bel Edwards, but I like how he is an unabashed Saints fan. He is one of us. He wrote Roger Goodell about the blown call, and today he received his response from the Commissioner.

F684EBC1-0703-4871-BE3A-A0D70A2B8413.jpeg37EAE81F-C147-45C9-ADBE-630710C01D3E.jpeg
The first line of the response sounds like the classic BS line when you overlook an email. Scramble, find something plausible to say, etc.

The truth is that this joke of a commish doesn't have to care about how inept and possibly corrupt the officiating may be. His job is to keep the richest of the rich owners in the largest markets happy; or enough of them to form supportive majorities on key votes. Sounds like Congress, doesn't it?

Reaction score
He said nothing about how he would prevent this from happening again. This letter has no substance. Just going through the motions. The “We will look into it stuff”.

DadsDream

We Wuz Robbed!
Reaction score
My first response starts with the words " Horse _____________!" My second resonse starts with the words "Chicken __________!" Both end with the same word, though.

Reaction score
Uh, did anyone catch the last line? Is this legit? This letter is from Roger? This letter went past his editing and PR team?

"I hope you will free to call if you would like to discuss this further."

Does he mean "I hope you will [feel] free to call if you would like to discuss this further"? No, then "will" is not necessary. Did he mean to edit out/remove "free to," so that it reads "I hope you will call if you would like to discuss this further"?

That is awfully embarrassing. I would be ashamed to send a single work email with a sentence that clearly flawed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom