[Merged] Roger Goodell’s Letter to Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards (1 Viewer)

Has there been any public statements from the refs involved with the non call? Don't think there has been, but maybe I missed it....

The NFL is a lying corrupt giant. Didn't Payton say something about Goodell not cooperating with him in some manner a couple days after the shafting ? He didn't have on that clown shirt on a whim, something went down.That part about the superbowl in NOLA was a definitely shut up and eat your piece of the pie ... govenor

I swear just thinking about it makes me so angry again. They ripped a likely superbowl trophy away from us. Stolen by crooked thieves

Uh, did anyone catch the last line? Is this legit? This letter is from Roger? This letter went past his editing and PR team?

"I hope you will free to call if you would like to discuss this further."

Does he mean "I hope you will [feel] free to call if you would like to discuss this further"? No, then "will" is not necessary. Did he mean to edit out/remove "free to," so that it reads "I hope you will call if you would like to discuss this further"?

That is awfully embarrassing. I would be ashamed to send a single work email with a sentence that clearly flawed.
He also apparently forgot how to spell "apologize."

He mentions "human error" and "officials make mistakes"... Well, I do agree that we all make mistakes, but the officials clearly looking at textbook pass interference as well as textbook helmet-to-helmet and not throwing a flag was definitely no mistake. I believe that it was intentionally not called and no one will ever convince me otherwise. There are several reasons why it could have not been called: Boost LA market, southern California referee bias, RG's hatred of SP, refs being paid to control the point spread... There all sorts of theories out there. Perhaps this happened for some other reason. We probably won't ever know. But what I do know is that it was not a simple human error. The referees did this intentionally.

I have not heard anyone say we blew our lead becasue of the refs. When the refs blew the game, the game was tied , we were not behind, and and the SAINTS had put themselves in a position to win the game by controlling the clock,. By possessing the ball, and going ahead with little or no time on the clock. They then executed a perfect play to make a first down because TTL was wide open . The RAMS player knew and admitted he had to take him out even at the cost of a penatly. It's at that point the refs took all that away from the SAINTS. THE NO-CALL took all that success away from the SAINTS, most importanlty the clock control. That is were the blame lies. Everyone from the player who admitted the two obvious fouls, all the way to the commisioner who admits the refs did not make the call. That is where the BLAME Is and will always be.

Irrelevant. The game came down to that call.

Ultimately, it did. However at one point Saints led 13-0. I feel that if you’re placing blame, correctly I must add, on the officiating, some blame has to equally go on the playing squad who looked comfortable at 13-0, only to blow that lead, let the Rams back into the game and ultimately have the season come down to one call.

Not like there was another game going on st the moment. He could have pull a bottle gate and picked up the phone and had that fixed in minutes If not seconds. What a joke... bad joke... bad acting.... if this crap is going to be scripted just admit it.

I'm glad that I waited to read this letter until the advent of this new emoji. :theclown2:

He must have written that letter with clenched teeth.

But who is investigating the incident? How? Who is looking into the referees' financial transactions, Vegas connections, etc.? Those are the questions that should be asked (if not answered).

Anyone else read that Super Bowl paragraph as a sort of subtle "threat" to be cool and play ball?

Yeah, when you boil it down, that letter says "Suck it, Governor. Not only might this kind of thing happen again, if you complain too much, N.O. might never see another Super Bowl. How would that be?"

Yeah, when you boil it down, that letter says "Suck it, Governor. Not only might this kind of thing happen again, if you complain too much, N.O. might never see another Super Bowl. How would that be?"
:theclown2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom