[Merged] Saints sign WR Bryan Edwards (1 Viewer)

Actually he has 3TDs total on American soil. Scored 2 TDs last year while playing only 10 games. Please stop lol. I would temper my expectations on Edwards. We do not as of now need an outside WR, we need a slot WR that can move the chains on 3rd down in the mold of Lance Moore(Zay Jones/Josh Downs), and we haven't had one of those in YEARSSSS.
Actually he has 3TDs total on American soil. Scored 2 TDs last year while playing only 10 games. Please stop lol. I would temper my expectations on Edwards. We do not as of now need an outside WR, we need a slot WR that can move the chains on 3rd down in the mold of Lance Moore(Zay Jones/Josh Downs), and we haven't had one of those in YEARSSSS.
Wow 3 touchdowns for a 4th overall pick is still abysmal when we were cranking out 16 with a third round pick in Jimmy graham. Do you not see our WR room? Depth is never bad and it’s not like he’s coming in to be the center piece. We’ve also been snake bitten with injuries so this never hurts, and this signing does not mean we won’t draft a receiver lol. I wonder if some of you actually understand football sometimes.

I wonder if some of you actually understand football sometimes.
I love and crave debate, but its this sentence right here that irks me. Its like being good and knowledgeable about something and then someone comes along says, "You know nothing, Jon Snow". For instance today I had a little break at work and for 3 hours, I watched football film to find our defensive weakness, scout draft picks, and watch some Chris Olave highlights to watch his footwork. Then you write that. Not to mention BOTH my supervisors are life long Raiders fans. Then you write that. Yeah.

This guy had the 12th worse stats on the Falcons last year and I get that the Falcons are a run first team, but he was a starter and got BENCHED after 7 games. He didn't do much after his Rookie year, mini breakout 2nd year (cool, I hope he can again with us), 3rd year (prove it year, nothing), and you expect me to get excited. My supervisor said he was and I quote "Good".

But I won't choice violence today. All I'm saying is TEMPER YOUR EXPECTATIONS, that's it! Is that cool? Yes, we do need another WR and in the first 3 rounds kinda way. I also like to learn, so thank you for bring to my attention how bad Kyle Pitts stats were last year and even though he had 1000yds he only score 1TD his rookie year. I enjoyed learning that.

I love and crave debate, but its this sentence right here that irks me. Its like being good and knowledgeable about something and then someone comes along says, "You know nothing, Jon Snow". For instance today I had a little break at work and for 3 hours, I watched football film to find our defensive weakness, scout draft picks, and watch some Chris Olave highlights to watch his footwork. Then you write that. Not to mention BOTH my supervisors are life long Raiders fans. Then you write that. Yeah.

This guy had the 12th worse stats on the Falcons last year and I get that the Falcons are a run first team, but he was a starter and got BENCHED after 7 games. He didn't do much after his Rookie year, mini breakout 2nd year (cool, I hope he can again with us), 3rd year (prove it year, nothing), and you expect me to get excited. My supervisor said he was and I quote "Good".

But I won't choice violence today. All I'm saying is TEMPER YOUR EXPECTATIONS, that's it! Is that cool? Yes, we do need another WR and in the first 3 rounds kinda way. I also like to learn, so thank you for bring to my attention how bad Kyle Pitts stats were last year and even though he had 1000yds he only score 1TD his rookie year. I enjoyed learning that.
My expectations are him to be a fourth receiver on the depth chart if we are fully healthy. They’re pretty tempered 😂 seems like you want to nail him to the cross as a waste of time based on what he did in Atlanta of all places.

My expectations are him to be a fourth receiver on the depth chart if we are fully healthy. They’re pretty tempered 😂 seems like you want to nail him to the cross as a waste of time based on what he did in Atlanta of all places.
Nah, I'm going to give buddy a fair shot. I have him as you have him as a WR4 basically competing with Tre'quan Smith/Unknown Rookie for playing time. We good bro!

Nah, I'm going to give buddy a fair shot. I have him as you have him as a WR4 basically competing with Tre'quan Smith/Unknown Rookie for playing time. We good bro!
All love man! I definitely see him as a upgrade over Trequan. As long as we aren’t giving Keith kirkwood and Merritt those snaps I think we are in good shape. I still think we grab a receiver in the first 4 rounds I just don’t know what round it will be. I’ll take Boutte in a heartbeat. He had a first round grade before jayden daniels ruined his year.

All love man! I definitely see him as a upgrade over Trequan. As long as we aren’t giving Keith kirkwood and Merritt those snaps I think we are in good shape. I still think we grab a receiver in the first 4 rounds I just don’t know what round it will be. I’ll take Boutte in a heartbeat. He had a first round grade before jayden daniels ruined his year.

I think the difference between previous WR4s and below is Edwards is a Big X and plays like an old school Big X WR. He doesn't need to get stronger or learn to play bigger/more physical. That's already his game. We haven't had a legit backup X in quite a while. We've had guys that tried, but none of them have faired well and stuck.

He also gives us an option as a Big Slot or let him play X and MT as a Big Slot. If we were to add Washington in the draft, that would give us some physical receiving options with JJ mixed in as well. We still have the 4.3 speed twins in Olave and Shaheed.

I think the difference between previous WR4s and below is Edwards is a Big X and plays like an old school Big X WR. He doesn't need to get stronger or learn to play bigger/more physical. That's already his game. We haven't had a legit backup X in quite a while. We've had guys that tried, but none of them have faired well and stuck.

He also gives us an option as a Big Slot or let him play X and MT as a Big Slot. If we were to add Washington in the draft, that would give us some physical receiving options with JJ mixed in as well. We still have the 4.3 speed twins in Olave and Shaheed.
Washington would also be an extra linemen too. I’m starting to think he may end up our pick at 29 if it isn’t a Edge rusher or another DT. Highly possible

Washington would also be an extra linemen too. I’m starting to think he may end up our pick at 29 if it isn’t a Edge rusher or another DT. Highly possible

He makes so much sense as he's a force multiplier from Day 1 in the running game and will just get better as a receiver or at the very least be a mismatch chain mover/RZ threat.

Last edited:
He makes so much sense as he's a force multiplier from Day 1 in the running game and will just get better as a WR or at the very least be a mismatch chain mover/RZ threat.
Pete needs to get creative and throw him at fullback on the goal line too if he’s taken 😂 he opens up so many matchup issues. What do you do If Washington is at fullback, Taysom at QB, and Jamaal Williams is at RB on the goal line? 😳

Pete needs to get creative and throw him at fullback on the goal line too if he’s taken 😂 he opens up so many matchup issues. What do you do If Washington is at fullback, Taysom at QB, and Jamaal Williams is at RB on the goal line? 😳
They get ready to receive a kickoff, that's what they do.
🤣

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom