[Merged] Saints sign WR Bryan Edwards (1 Viewer)

Meredith forever changed my expectations on FA WR signings...anything above that I'm good...and that leaves a lot of room for mediocre...which I'm open to settling for.
Man I'm with you on Meredith. I had so much hope tied up in him. All the potential was there. Never mind the fact that he had a debilitating injury that forced him to miss an entire year, he was going to heal and he was going to be the missing piece.

9 catches for 114 yards and a TD later nothing was left but shattered dreams.

Mannnnnn I forgot about this. I was so excited for Cam Meredith. He was so good in Chicago. It was to no fault of his own, that injury he suffered with the Bears ultimately put an end to his career.

I like to think in an alternate universe that if he recovers fully we never have the WR issues that we did and we win 2 more superbowls.

Here are the facts- Olave, Shaheed and MT(if healthy) will eat up a ton of the targets along with AK(when not suspended). Edwards will be a nice addition for ST and fill that TQ role getting about 30-40 catches and few TDs, anything more than that is extra

Man I'm with you on Meredith. I had so much hope tied up in him. All the potential was there. Never mind the fact that he had a debilitating injury that forced him to miss an entire year, he was going to heal and he was going to be the missing piece.

9 catches for 114 yards and a TD later nothing was left but shattered dreams.
Another what if about the 2018 season

Here are the facts- Olave, Shaheed and MT(if healthy) will eat up a ton of the targets along with AK(when not suspended). Edwards will be a nice addition for ST and fill that TQ role getting about 30-40 catches and few TDs, anything more than that is extra
Yeah, I have no problem with targeting a guy our QB is familiar with and likes for our 3rd/4th WR position.

I know in the past Payton liked his back up receivers playing special teams but I don't think Edwards plays special teams and was one of the reasons why ATL kept him inactive in more than half the games.

TQS is still on the team and knows the offense. I wouldn't count him out just yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom