[Merged] Saints Training Camp Updates Tues., 8-16-22 (1 Viewer)

Embarrassment of riches at the corner position this year. Roby is basically fourth-string and he'd be a borderline #1 corner for a lot of teams.
Agreed...we have never been this talented at the corner position ever or not that I can remember. The fact that we have 2 legit starters and another backup that is starter talent and another rookie that looks promising in Taylor is nice. Plus we have great slot defenders that whole backend is finally a force.

Good move by the Saints n a second chance for Easop to make an NFL roster.

I thought he showed some promise in TC last year. The bad news was that as thin as we were at da position, he barely saw the field at WR. And now, da WR room is soo much deeper than it was last season. So IMO, the Saints gave him a good “ last look” as a returner against da Texans. He fielded punts well, even had some room, but not da “juice” to make a bigger play.

Meanwhile, his release coincided wit the return of rook UDFA WR/PR/KR Rashid Shaheed, who IIRC, was seen on the field for the first time, snagging punts/kicks up at GB. Shaheed had been recovering from an ACL. But the Saints staff, led by Dr Matt Rhea, gave him the “all go” to return to da field.

For fans who don’t know about him, he played at Weber St. Here’s his bio:

Here’s one of his vids:

And BTW, he’s also very capable n dangerous at PR too!

Safe to say, I’m lookin forward to cyn wat he can do Friday nite!

Stay tuned!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom