Saints [Merged] Someone posted we were wearing color rush.... i found this (EDIT: Saints to wear black/black) (1 Viewer)

Makes no sense if there's any truth in Brees preferring white so he can see the WR's better. Regardless... Just win this game.

I keep hearing the "Brees likes white" thing. I seem to remember the same, but is there any reference to back it up?

Makes no sense if there's any truth in Brees preferring white so he can see the WR's better. Regardless... Just win this game.

I see this repeated often but my memory is this was said about Brooks when he was here. That he thought it was easier to track receivers in the Dome.

I can't say it isn't also true for Brees, but the Saints have worn black at home quite often in the Brees era - and done some of their finest work in the black on black look.

My sauces say we are saving color rush for Cowboys/Rams game as both love their white jerseys as well. But sauces have been sour from time to time... official sauce warning.

All black is probably better for the defense, hard to see the DB's and promotes end zone pic opportunities.

Just this season, in a game projected to be a shoot-out by everybody with an opinion, the Saints wore black-on-black against the Rams.

If Brees really does have a preference for the white jerseys, would have to wonder why he isn't getting his way - especially in big games.

...not sure where the Color Rush thing came from.

The Saints had it as a poll on their official Instagram account. They have worn the winning uniform choice every home game so far this year. Color Rush was ahead 54% to 46% last I saw.

The article debunks this myth. According to it, the black on black is the second worst color combo we wear.

I never did like them...

Except I'm not talking about winning percentage - or implying any magical benefits to wearing them. Just pointing out they've been the uniform in some memorable wins, and offensive performances.

Notable games that come immediately to mind - the routing of the Cowboys in 2006 (in Dallas), the 40 first downs game (against Dallas), 45 points on the Rams this season.

For added fun, the Saints wore the black on black in their playoff win over the Eagles in the divisional round, January 2007.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom