Saints [Merged] Someone posted we were wearing color rush.... i found this (EDIT: Saints to wear black/black) (1 Viewer)

Well there goes my source! I'm done with sources tbh. Any way black on black!!!! Let's go!!!!

I had thought I saw an interview with Drew earlier in the year where he said he preferred the white jerseys. Went looking for it, found the video, and apparently need to get my ears checked. The last question in this interview he says at home he prefers the blacks.

I think the change has to do with superstition. The fact we trounced the Iggles last time wearing the colour rush, and the Saints wearing black in 2006 - this being a more "pound -em & ground-em" type of game. I think the colour rush will come on in the NFCCG!

So unless it’s color rush, we don’t even have a secondary pair of pants? We wear either black/black or white/black?

So unless it’s color rush, we don’t even have a secondary pair of pants? We wear either black/black or white/black?
Pretty sure they wore gold pants for the Week 1 game against the Bucs. Haven't seen it since.

Super disappointing to hear that the Color Rush is a no-go. By all accounts the Saints seemed to be hyping it up. It was used on promotional material EXTENSIVELY this week. They even had a poll to pick between black-on-black and color rush, and they hadn't done a poll including color rush all season. The tickets even show the color rush uniform. I don't get it.

Oh well. Black on black is cool too. I don't think it affects much, if anything, for gameplay. I just find the color rush uniforms to be super aesthetically pleasing.

Super disappointing to hear that the Color Rush is a no-go. By all accounts the Saints seemed to be hyping it up. It was used on promotional material EXTENSIVELY this week. They even had a poll to pick between black-on-black and color rush, and they hadn't done a poll including color rush all season. The tickets even show the color rush uniform. I don't get it.

Oh well. Black on black is cool too. I don't think it affects much, if anything, for gameplay. I just find the color rush uniforms to be super aesthetically pleasing.

The color rush jerseys are my favorite of all time (any sport).

usatsi_11357329.jpg

Pretty sure they wore gold pants for the Week 1 game against the Bucs. Haven't seen it since.
Yeah I just watched the highlights and they did wear them. Although I thought they looked good, you really can’t call them gold. Almost khaki. Not anywhere near as dark as the helmets.

I had thought I saw an interview with Drew earlier in the year where he said he preferred the white jerseys. Went looking for it, found the video, and apparently need to get my ears checked. The last question in this interview he says at home he prefers the blacks.

Welp, that settles it.

BUCS LOSS - BLACK JERSEY/GOLD PANTS

COWBOYS LOSS - BLACK ON BLACK

CAROLINA LOSS - BLACK ON BLACK

I'm not liking this trend.
Yeah, it's pretty much a given now that the Saints are going to lose Sunday, because they'll be wearing the wrong colored clothes. You'd think Payton would know better than to make such an obvious mistake that dooms them to lose.

I see this repeated often but my memory is this was said about Brooks when he was here. That he thought it was easier to track receivers in the Dome.

I can't say it isn't also true for Brees, but the Saints have worn black at home quite often in the Brees era - and done some of their finest work in the black on black look.

I don’t believe there is factual basis for Brees wanting the black/black combo. I remember, he has said, he looks for the gold helmet as his moving target. it is easier to see (higher than a jersey), and the gold is more contrasting to all other team’s helmets, except say; the Niners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom