[MERGED] We threw the ball on 3rd and one. (2 Viewers)

IF they stuff us! Keyword IF.

QB sneak has an 82(!!)% success rate. We get the first we win.
If a frog had wings, I know, but look at the game, do you think this offense could have ran one yard when it counted? I don't mind the playcall on that one actually. We have people in here complaining about kicking the last field goal instead of going for it, hindsight 20-20 kind of thing.
That playcall was a game winner, convert and it's over, they've been stuffing our run all night. The only other playcall is QB power, which we've completely gotten away from.

Do we never use Taysom anymore this literally blows my mind… 1st and 10 we use him and get 3 yards but 3rd and 2 or 1 let’s not use him, like what in the actual… even if we fake the run and throw over the top every couple try’s but no…
We throw to Callaway of all people

If a frog had wings, I know, but look at the game, do you think this offense could have ran one yard when it counted? I don't mind the playcall on that one actually. We have people in here complaining about kicking the last field goal instead of going for it, hindsight 20-20 kind of thing.
That playcall was a game winner, convert and it's over, they've been stuffing our run all night. The only other playcall is QB power, which we've completely gotten away from.
You aren't complaining about Andy Dalton throwing it to a 1yard slant to a WR who hasn't been targeted since LABOR DAY against their #1 CB in press coverage?

Are you serious? Just run QB sneak, FB dive, anything!

You aren't complaining about Andy Dalton throwing it to a 1yard slant to a WR who hasn't been targeted since LABOR DAY against their #1 CB in press coverage?

Are you serious? Just run QB sneak, FB dive, anything!
Talking about the play on our last drive, the one Taysom had the ball knocked out on.

To a WR who had zero targets and zero catches all game.

Pete Carmichael has zero situational awareness for NFL. It's why Sean took his play calling duties in 2012.

TWENTY TWELVE. 10 YEARS AGO.
You got that wrong, Carmichael called all the plays because of obvious reasons. I'm guessing you meant 2013.

I don't think that was a terrible call even though it didn't work.

I just lost it when we threw on 3 and short. That was the game. This would have been the place to use Taysom. We just seem see Taysom less and less and never in the place and time that works to Taysom's favor.

We throw to Callaway of all people
Against press coverage.

Not 5 yds off, not 3 yds off.

In his face. And you know what CBs are allowed to do within 1 yard of the LOS? That's right.

So as play caller/play designer, it's your job to know what does and doesn't work against the defense you see. So Dalton should have been given 2 plays and see that coverage and audible out. But apparently he not given that ability. (Why).

We are a mess

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom