Merril Hoge says Rob Ryan not a good fit for the Saints (1 Viewer)

Coming from a guy who thinks Joe Flacco is the top QB in the league right now, and doesn't include Brees or P. Manning in the top 5... Rob Ryan may not be so bad after all. That's the reality of it....

I would say that from that report alone, Ryan is a perfect fit for our team. I was wavering on hiring him before I heard Hoge spout off some more. Luckily his ridiculously giant tie knots are distracting so I zone out during the vast majority of his rhetoric.

Personally I'd prefer a 1 gap system...but it seems like all the coordinators we're looking at run primarily a 2 gap. Oh well. I'm sure Payton knows something I don't.

I do like the idea of an attacking 3-4 (Ryan's) better than a read and react 3-4 though (Crennel).

Question: Does anyone know if we still have to satisfy the Rooney rule for this position? Or is that only for head coaches?

Personally I'd prefer a 1 gap system...but it seems like all the coordinators we're looking at run primarily a 2 gap. Oh well. I'm sure Payton knows something I don't.

I do like the idea of an attacking 3-4 (Ryan's) better than a read and react 3-4 though (Crennel).

Question: Does anyone know if we still have to satisfy the Rooney rule for this position? Or is that only for head coaches?

Head coaches bruh.

The Rooney Rule requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operation jobs.

Not that wikipedia is the end-all source but this is correct.

Brian Dawkins said in the same segment that he thought he would be a great fit for the Saints be he wants the long haired Ryan vs him getting a hair cut lol. Who are u gonna ride with Dawkins or Hodge...ok then !!!!!!

Head coaches bruh.

Not that wikipedia is the end-all source but this is correct.

I Googled that myself. It says "and senior football operation jobs." I'm not sure if OC and DC would fall under that, which is why I asked.

I Googled that myself. It says "and senior football operation jobs." I'm not sure if OC and DC would fall under that, which is why I asked.

Nah... "senior football operations" is somebody wearing a suit in the luxury suites.. not some pee-on coach lol.

The more I think about it, the more I don't mind the Ryan prospect.
He is a "players coach" and many studs say that they have huge respect for him.
-reminds me of how players talk about SP
He is the quiet Ryan brother.
-BONUS
He has attitude and will scream at a player.
-kinda like SP
He grows his hair out so that he can cut it and donate it to Locks of Love.
-just like #37 used to do

Maybe, just maybe, he would mesh well with SP.... Who knows, but I trust those that know more than me about coaching football

Ive seen or met 5 people with the name Merril in my life and Hodge is the only man named that.

He makes Skip Bayless look smart so now I want Ryan

Hodge is right. Ryan is not the answer in New Orleans...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom