Message to Coach Payton: Please do not draft another WR....IN ANY ROUNDS!!! (1 Viewer)

oodank

BIG DOG!
Reaction score
I know we all like to see the big pass plays but with the guys we have, once Patten is re-signed, I sure would like to see the draft go defense with all but 1 or 2 picks. Draft an OL and maybe a QB in the middle. Colston, Meachem, Patten, Moore, we can run with that. Add a guy for depth, or even resign Copper.

We need 2 or 3 LBs: a MLB, a WLB, backup SLB. We have some decent DTs on the roster but we need a young stud or two in the rotation because BY is breaking down and Hollis is a one or two down guy at this point. Freddy T made $2.9m last season and was inactive for like 11 or 12 games. Craft is a dime guy in my eyes, not a nickel. Mckenzie we don't know if he'll even be ready to go, and he definitely won't be 100 be his injury was so late in the season! Young will probably get one corner, dare I say Dav... Lets just say we need at least 2 CBs. And we could use a good safety

Address the offense in FA with vets. Young defensive players have more of an impact earlier as opposed to offense. I know coach is an offensive guy and i'm hoping nobody on offense falls in any of the rounds. We couldn't stop the Bears at the end of 07 and I thought we'd go heavy defense last draft. First pick: WR, which is probably the 2nd toughest position to grasp behind QB. when was the last time we drafted an impact LB? Or 2? Our safeties are the best blitzers and they are the furthest from the line!

We have a good offense already, our defense needs immediate and in depth attention.

Signing our FAs isn't as easy as it sounds... these guys get $$ thrown at them from other teams. I'd love for us to get at least 1 WR in the draft becase we need to start building thru the draft.

Meach, Colston, and Moore are the only guys that we KNOW will be back next year... it would be nice to resign a couple FAs, but we nee dto continue to draft.

I agree with not drafting one in the first round, but in the later rounds (5-7)....ehh, whatever's available.

Ummm, if DeSean Jackson drops too low, I say we snag him!

He won't be around long, but if he's there after round 2 (...and that's unlikely), then he'd be the best player available.

Link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=YPfEkWSEhcY

Just like last season we got caught up in that BPA thing and it got us a 1st round guy that was active for zero games. WR is not an easy position to pick up. Draft defense! Even if Jackson falls, pass him up. I can see how teams get caught up, all enamored with the sexy pick. But if you stick to the script it'll work out.

We don't have enough WRs under contract to run our offense - you can almost be assured that we will draft a WR at some point. Hopefully he can step in and contribute, because we're going to need all the hands we can get.

As long as it is not in the 1st or 2nd round I would not mind drafting a WR after that. Colston is the only player we know is returning that is proven. Meachem has yet to do anything so we have no idea how he will turn out. Moore is good but it wouldnt hurt to bring someone else in.

Payton has already said they will fill their "needs" in free agency and then draft best player available. Like it or not that is what he will do. So, if a WR is BPA in any round, they will take them.

Drafting WR hasnt been a bright spot for this team. Didnt take any skill in regards to selecting Marques or he would have been taken earlier. I seriously doubt this team will spend a substantial amount on defense so they should have some money to get a proven receiver in FA. Moore faded at the end last year, dont know what Meachem will provide, so are just a Colston injury away from a big problem. Patten is a good player to have around and should be brought back but too many things could go wrong with him expected to be the #2 best WR on your roster.

Last edited:
I would take Curtis Lofton over DeSean Jackson in the 2nd round anyday. But if Jackson falls anywhere below that, I would draft him and put him in as our slot receiver.

As long as it is not in the 1st or 2nd round I would not mind drafting a WR after that. Colston is the only player we know is returning that is proven. Meachem has yet to do anything so we have no idea how he will turn out. Moore is good but it wouldnt hurt to bring someone else in.

I agree. But get a veteran guy, we do not need to be drafting WRs. I'm laughng right now because I know Payton has a WR targeted early in the draft but it aint funny.... I can feel it man!

Just like last season we got caught up in that BPA thing and it got us a 1st round guy that was active for zero games. WR is not an easy position to pick up. Draft defense! Even if Jackson falls, pass him up. I can see how teams get caught up, all enamored with the sexy pick. But if you stick to the script it'll work out.

It would be foolish to pass on Desean Jackson if he somehow fell to us in round 2

WR Early in the 3rd

Doucet would be a steal in the 3rd round, LB in rounds 1 & 2

While I wouldn't draft a receiver in the first and second rounds, you can never have too many good WRs. Just look at the Colts. There are many receivers that would be worth picking in the 3rd round. DJ Hall (my favourite), Eddie Royal (I like his speed), Early Doucet (may not make it to our pick) and Donnie Avery (a lightning bolt).

Defense all the way.. I'll be praying for a good draft day for the saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom