Message to Coach Payton: Please do not draft another WR....IN ANY ROUNDS!!! (1 Viewer)

Just like last season we got caught up in that BPA thing and it got us a 1st round guy that was active for zero games. WR is not an easy position to pick up. Draft defense! Even if Jackson falls, pass him up. I can see how teams get caught up, all enamored with the sexy pick. But if you stick to the script it'll work out.

And you just assume that we will re-sign Patten, Copper, and Henderson? I say keep Patten only. That leaves us with Colston, Meachem, Patten and Moore. 4 deep isn't enough. You have to account for injury.

And no, the offense isn't good enough. They need to add some new talent, if only because this is the NFL, and if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse. Patriots offense was "good enough" but they didn't think like that. They made a good thing great. And if we want the Saints to start winning like the perennial playoff teams do, then they have to start thinking that "good enough" isn't actually good enough.

Doing nothing but improving the defense would only prove that this front office has learned nothing in the past couple of years.

Sign FA Johnson. Let Patten, Henderson, and Copper go. Draft WR Bowman in the third. Colston, Johnson, Meachem and Bowman would be a young, big, fast, group. Let Moore and Green compete for the returners role and 5th WR spot.

YES draft a WR and his name is EDDIE ROYAL, who ever gets this guy will have a play-maker at slot.. if he is there with the 3rd round pick draft this guy. just read this [FONT=verdana,geneva]Eddie Royal- WR, Virginia Tech[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]Was the most explosive wide receiver during the practice, showed a great first step and gets up to full speed very quickly. Absolutely abused DeJuan Tribble during one-on-one drills showing the second gear to run by him vertically while also doing a nice job selling the double move and getting up to top speed very quickly to track down the deep ball.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,geneva]WE WOULD BE CRAZY NOT TO DRAFT THIS GUY... BUT I AM NOT GOIN TO GET MY HOPES UP CAUSE I KNOW WE DONT DRAFT THE GOOD PLAYERS, ONLY THE ONES FROM SMALL SCHOOLS AND NEVER MAKE THE ROSTER... if you dont know what i am talking about then check last years draft and tell me how many of them made the team.[/FONT]

I beg to differ... we have to either sign or draft a wideout. Our current group has big question marks. You play to your strengths. If Jackson falls, you have to consider him. I think we'll draft a WR (unless we sign a FA) and an OL.

I can promise you a receiver will be drafted... I would not be opposed to drafting a receiver at all... take the best player available.

We have a pro bowl caliber QB and he needs targets. So I agree with above. The Saints will draft both WR's and TE's. Draft wise I hope we snag a DT and LB. The only positions with some depth in the draft. I still think this years draft will be among the most boring ever (lack of talent).

We have a pro bowl caliber QB and he needs targets. So I agree with above. The Saints will draft both WR's and TE's. Draft wise I hope we snag a DT and LB. The only positions with some depth in the draft. I still think this years draft will be among the most boring ever (lack of talent).

Really? Ellis, Dorsey, Gholston, Long x2, Campbell, Jackson, Ryan, McFadden, Clady, Jones, Mendelhall, Stewart, Phillips, Harvey, Otah, Merling, Kelly, Sweed, DRC Jenkins, Rivers, Conner, Talib, McKelvin, Balmer, Lofton, Mayo and Crable. The list goes on and on. How is this weak?

We have to get better players on defense but we also need a legit #2 receiver opposite Colston - either through the draft or free agency. Everyone else (Patten, Moore, Copper, Henderson) are 3rd and 4th receivers. A big key to the WR situation is Meachum. We just don't know what he's going to give us yet.

I like Eddie Royal from Va Tech if he falls to four or if we can pick up a couple of extra picks in earlier rounds to address the defense.

I wouldn't be upset to drafting a WR in round 1.

with as much as we pass the ball, we could really use a deep WR group.

Why is everyone so keen on Moore he gets 0 yak and is no big threat.

[FONT=verdana,geneva]WE WOULD BE CRAZY NOT TO DRAFT THIS GUY... BUT I AM NOT GOIN TO GET MY HOPES UP CAUSE I KNOW WE DONT DRAFT THE GOOD PLAYERS, ONLY THE ONES FROM SMALL SCHOOLS AND NEVER MAKE THE ROSTER... if you dont know what i am talking about then check last years draft and tell me how many of them made the team.[/FONT]

1 - Robert Meachem (made team) *big school*
3 - Usama Young (made team) *small school*
3 - Andy Alleman (made team) *small school*
4 - Antonio Pittman (did not make team) *big school*
4 - Jermon Bushrod (made team) *small school*
5 - David Jones (did not make team) *small school*
7 - Marvin Mitchell (made team/practice squad) *big school*

So we lost 2 draft picks, one from Ohio State and one from Wingate. I fail to see what you're so worked up over?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom