Messiah on Netflix (1 Viewer)

UndeadSnoopy

Resting in Peace
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen this?

Just finished it this morning.

It's up there with the best seasons of television I've ever seen.

It's a meditation on faith, religion, politics, and the nature of man. And God?

It even comments on the media and social media.

I hear it's offending people so it's not for everyone.

I'll post the trailer but I recommend watching without knowing anything about it like I did.

A friend had told me about it. It’s on my hit list. You just moved it up. Thanks.

I just looked on Rotten Tomatoes and half of the few critics that reviewed it didn't like it.

But if you mention religion to some people most close their minds.

88% Audience score though.

I just looked on Rotten Tomatoes and half of the few critics that reviewed it didn't like it.

But if you mention religion to some people most close their minds.

88% Audience score though.

yea I heard it’s kind of left open to interpretation. I’m very ok with that. Maybe some people take open interpretation to not be “specifically the interpretation they want”

My faith is the only faith.

yea I heard it’s kind of left open to interpretation. I’m very ok with that. Maybe some people take open interpretation to not be “specifically the interpretation they want”

My faith is the only faith.

I think open interpretation was part of the beauty of it.

Also I think Steve Jobs summed up my personal feelings best

“I think different religions are different doors to the same house. Sometimes I think the house exists, and sometimes I don't. It's the great mystery. (Steve Jobs)”

I’ve gone back and forth on whether to start this
I LOVE the premise- and ambiguity is in my artistic dna
BUT
Everything I saw in the trailer looked ham fisted (like 24 level ham fisted)
but I might move it up the que
Finish Sex Education
Then Lost in Space s 2 unless Better Call Saul starts before
And, of course, final season of Clone Wars
then Messiah

I've seen it. It was OK. They managed to teeter you on the fence the whole series on is he for real or a fake.

There are some plot holes so try to overlook some things.

I have seen it. It certainly wasn't the best I've seen nor the worst.

Maybe it only appeals to agnostics like me.

Who knows?

It's all subjective.

I thought it was pretty great.

I finished this up in three nights. It seems to me that the show is very careful not to try and tilt what you believe about the Messiah. It is more about generating questions than pushing an agenda forward (at least in season one)

I find it interesting though the push back from religious folk. At one point, every religion required its first generation to go against what they had previously known about religion. The first generation of each is required to believe what would have been sacrilege previously. And those are the lucky ones, those not required to take things on "blind" faith as all subsequent generations are.

Its an interesting question for me, what would Christians do if another Messiah came along that was able to perform similar acts and preached the exact same message with nothing going against what Jesus has preached. Like Jesus, this guy never says worship me, only follow me. He never says he is God, only that "this is the way"

I finished this up in three nights. It seems to me that the show is very careful not to try and tilt what you believe about the Messiah. It is more about generating questions than pushing an agenda forward (at least in season one)

I find it interesting though the push back from religious folk. At one point, every religion required its first generation to go against what they had previously known about religion. The first generation of each is required to believe what would have been sacrilege previously. And those are the lucky ones, those not required to take things on "blind" faith as all subsequent generations are.

Its an interesting question for me, what would Christians do if another Messiah came along that was able to perform similar acts and preached the exact same message with nothing going against what Jesus has preached. Like Jesus, this guy never says worship me, only follow me. He never says he is God, only that "this is the way"
I haven’t seen a better answer than what Dostoyevsky wrote in ‘The Grand Inquisitor’

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom