Met an OSU Mom (1 Viewer)

parlorcitysaint

WhoDat in exile.
Reaction score
Yesterday, on my way back from the store, I got off the highway turned off the exit, and saw a car on the side of the road (as folks often do when they're lost or on their phone. This time though, there was a woman in her forties pacing in front of the car. Being a generally decent sort, lowered my window and asked if she needed any help.

She said, no. She just wasn't feeling well, and just wanted to get some fresh air; stretch her legs. With my previous health issues, my ears perked up, and ask for some specifics. Heart racing? Feel hot? Things like that.

She explained that her son was a player for Ohio State, and tomorrow (today) was a huge day for him. She was just having an anxiety attack. I said that I'm a Saints fan, and given the fact that we get many of our players from that school, I was sure that he would have a good game. I pulled over and got out of the car.

We had about a ten minute conversation, and she thanked me for stopping and taking her mind off things for a bit. She seemed much more "together" when we each drove away.

Michelle, I hope all turns/turned out well for you

Yesterday, on my way back from the store, I got off the highway turned off the exit, and saw a car on the side of the road (as folks often do when they're lost or on their phone. This time though, there was a woman in her forties pacing in front of the car. Being a generally decent sort, lowered my window and asked if she needed any help.

She said, no. She just wasn't feeling well, and just wanted to get some fresh air; stretch her legs. With my previous health issues, my ears perked up, and ask for some specifics. Heart racing? Feel hot? Things like that.

She explained that her son was a player for Ohio State, and tomorrow (today) was a huge day for him. She was just having an anxiety attack. I said that I'm a Saints fan, and given the fact that we get many of our players from that school, I was sure that he would have a good game. I pulled over and got out of the car.

We had about a ten minute conversation, and she thanked me for stopping and taking her mind off things for a bit. She seemed much more "together" when we each drove away.

Michelle, I hope all turns/turned out well for you
Did she tell you her son's name? I hope he isn't that tOSU corner that got his ankles broke by the Mich WR a little while ago.

Did she tell you her son's name? I hope he isn't that tOSU corner that got his ankles broke by the Mich WR a little while ago.
I wasn't going to say, just on the outside chance that he might somehow hear that his mom had been freaking out, and have it affect his game.

It's after the half now, so I guess the likelihood that he hears anything before the end of the game is remote.

She said that #53, Luke Wypler is her son. And by everything I've read on him, he's a pretty solid center.

Yeah, but at this stage, the scouts are going to be looking at his individual performance, more than how the team fared. How many pressures/hits/sacks did HE allow.

From my conversation with his mother, it sounds like he's being smart with his money. The kind of guy who isn't going to be broke 5 years after his time in the NFL is done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom