Met Coach last night! (1 Viewer)

1K SPORT

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
We've been in town since last Friday. Came in for both games...

We were out at dinner last night and in walks Payton. We were talking to our waitress about it and she said he is a regular there. Asked her if he has a regular drink or something. She mentioned he always orders the same bottle of wine. I took a look at the menu to check the price and had a bottle sent to him on us.

It was delivered and he said it would be ok if we went over and said hi. He thanked us. We thanked him. He was super cool about it. It was just a quick couple of handshakes as we didn't want to bother him more than we already had.

Cool experience. Now lets win tomorrow!

I don't want a hungover coach this weekend. Darn you.

(You didn't say what restaurant)

Knowing CSP from a far, it's probably a similar routine to what he did in 09. If it was me, I buying the same groceries and eating/drinking everything like before.

We've been in town since last Friday. Came in for both games...

We were out at dinner last night and in walks Payton. We were talking to our waitress about it and she said he is a regular there. Asked her if he has a regular drink or something. She mentioned he always orders the same bottle of wine. I took a look at the menu to check the price and had a bottle sent to him on us.

It was delivered and he said it would be ok if we went over and said hi. He thanked us. We thanked him. He was super cool about it. It was just a quick couple of handshakes as we didn't want to bother him more than we already had.

Cool experience. Now lets win tomorrow!
how big was the menu?

Great story. Coach is very personable and always willing to help. I have been fortunate to meet him (albeit very briefly) a few times. What restaurant?

Coach taught us to expect, achieve and not be afraid of being great. Then went out and did it. Forever grateful. He has positively impacted many lives and continues to do so. The recent SI article was a recent example of many.

Great memory. Not much of a wine drinker, but I'd assume that a bottle of wine is better than being 7 bud lights in... Hoping he's got a hankering for Champagne!

What was the wine?

Also, this is a good sign. The day before the nfccg in 09 I saw coach grabbing a 12 pack from a grocery store and we know how that game turned out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom