Met Jay Richardson this morning/small nugget about our defense (1 Viewer)

The ends play 5-tech in a 2-gap scheme; we are running a 1-gap scheme, as you pointed out so it does change in that scheme. Right now, Jordan is the starting 5-tech and I assume Hicks or Smith will be the starting 3-tech. So

I was also under the impression that the NT is going to be shaded on the outside shoulder of the Center, which would be the 1-tech. Is it safe to assume that he'd be shaded towards the strong side of the formation, or will he be shaded towards the weak side more to "protect" the WILB?

Looking at successful 3-4 systems that almost exclusively rush both their OLBs, They have ILBs good at coverage. I think that's something we do not have.

Vilma used to be good, Hawthorne had a reputation of being good at it in Seattle, and then we have Lofton... It's part of the reason why I wanted us to draft Zavier Gooden. Hopefully Vilma and Hawthorne return to form. Something tells me Vaccaro is going to see a lot of playing time.

With all this pass rusher talk, I hope all these LBs can stop the run and cover!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom