Met Scottie Pippen's sister and older brother today (2 Viewers)

She is a very tall, kindly lady.
Her brother is bedridden and she takes care of him (Scottie pays for it all)
Really nice people.
They have a life-sized velvet painting of Scottie in their den (reminded me of my aunt's velvet Elvis painting lol)

Was there doing some work through my company
My favorite basketball player ever and it ain't even close....

Learned a lot about Scottie's life in the Bulls doc a couple years ago. I remember the part about his brother's condition (can't remember the condition) but that was the reason why Scottie signed that crap contract from Jerry Krause (like 7 years for not a whole lot of money... but was good money for back then), because he needed the guaranteed money to help pay for his brother' medical needs.

Learned a lot about Scottie's life in the Bulls doc a couple years ago. I remember the part about his brother's condition (can't remember the condition) but that was the reason why Scottie signed that crap contract from Jerry Krause (like 7 years for not a whole lot of money... but was good money for back then), because he needed the guaranteed money to help pay for his brother' medical needs.
His brother is responsive...but he is pretty much bedridden and comes out of his room only on occasion by use of a wheelchair.

North Louisiana/South Arkansas has 4 NBA HoFers who were born within a 200 mile radius of each other:

Bill Russell (born in West Monroe)
Willis Reed (born in Bernice, La)
Karl Malone (born in Summerfield, La)
Scottie Pippen (born in Hamburg, Ar)
Just imagine how good that team would be!
Add in Robert Parrish and Pistol Pete...wow!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom