Met Scottie Pippen's sister and older brother today (1 Viewer)

I "see" him a lot these days (on TV), his son is first-team all SEC at Vanderbilt. Scottie is at all of the games.

SPJ is only 6'3 so his game is very different from his dad's. But he's not a perimeter guy, he's got great penetrating game drive/dish, lane cuts, creative ways to get layups . . . or knock down a fade away that he's gotten very good at. He doesn't have the same quality or artistry as Allen Iverson (who was uniquely brilliant) but he plays that style of game for a guard. He can shoot the 3, but the meat of his game is off the dribble.

Chief was great….but Dennis Rodman starts and ends this discussion

Disagree, Rodman was a great one no question but he could solely concentrate on rebounding and D as he wasn't really asked to provide any offense....

Chief in his prime did it all while also averaging darn near close to 20 a game.....and a lot of those points were on put backs....

****Laughs in Laimbeer****

Seriously not to hijack. I always thought Pippen never got the credit that he deserved. Dude lived in Jordan's Shadow his entire carreer but he was the perfect compliment to Jordan. None of those other players from the Bird Celtics or Johnson Lakers are ever second guessed as much as Pippen was. When Jordan Retired #1 Pippen took that entire team on his back and played like a madman.

Seriously not to hijack. I always thought Pippen never got the credit that he deserved. Dude lived in Jordan's Shadow his entire carreer but he was the perfect compliment to Jordan. None of those other players from the Bird Celtics or Johnson Lakers are ever second guessed as much as Pippen was. When Jordan Retired #1 Pippen took that entire team on his back and played like a madman.

Yeah, there’s a wide range of skill sets to be the perfect basketball player. Some great scorers don’t do other things well. Scottie was certainly one of the most complete players ever - he was very good at everything. The perfect complement to a player like Jordan.

Laimbeer can suck all the *****

My favorite basketball player ever and it ain't even close....
We differ mightily
Full acknowledgement I was hardcore Knicks fan when the bulls/Knicks rivalry was peak basketball
Eventually I came around on Jordan and Rodman- never on pippin (or kukoc)
When pippen decided to sit the bench instead of going on court for the last play of a playoff game bc the play wasn’t for him - I’d seen all I needed

We differ mightily
Full acknowledgement I was hardcore Knicks fan when the bulls/Knicks rivalry was peak basketball
Eventually I came around on Jordan and Rodman- never on pippin (or kukoc)
When pippen decided to sit the bench instead of going on court for the last play of a playoff game bc the play wasn’t for him - I’d seen all I needed
Yeah, we do differ because I hated Phil Jackson for that because he would have NEVER done that with MJ. A player that has given up the most to be an integral part of a championship team and when it is time for you to step up in a situation that Jordan would get the ball 99.9% of the time and you draw up a play for Kukoc? Yeah, I was one of the ones who never held that against Pip.

Synched up
I turn in the tv which happens to be on espn and ‘Scottie pippen jr’ are the very first words I hear
(Vandy uk preview)

North Louisiana/South Arkansas has 4 NBA HoFers who were born within a 200 mile radius of each other:

Bill Russell (born in West Monroe)
Willis Reed (born in Bernice, La)
Karl Malone (born in Summerfield, La)
Scottie Pippen (born in Hamburg, Ar)
I am 65 years old, 5'8" 160 lbs. I could line up with these guys and we could win the NBA title.

i both agree and disagree.

as a pistons fan, fork you @guidomerkinsrules, i love rodman. i mean, if he needed help cleaning out his prince albert, i'd lend a hand.

the chief was just awesome. probably my favourite player of all time. he was tim duncan (though, duncan is a whole other thread as he is the most overlooked awesomeness of our era) before there was tim duncan. he played 21 seasons, tied second of all time. 21 seasons. in fairness, rodman was kinda old when he started his career. him and rodman both have four or five rings. hmm, rodman should have five. parish, uh, four? i know he won his last with rodman, pippen, and some jordan dude.

i dunno. chief was just well-rounded-dominant. worm was a wild-child. one made eight or nine all-star games (because doesn't that = greatness :rolleyes: ) while the other made two.

all of that said, rodman is the easily one of the very top defensive players of all time. he was on the all nba defensive teams like 5030340304 times. not to mention back to back defensive poy awards (i'm almost certain parish didn't have any, much less any of the nba first teams, though kinda sad as he was a very good defender). chief does edge him out on ppg though! sigh. not that hard to edge out rodman on ppg, though you worked your arse off for it against him.

i both agree and disagree.

as a pistons fan, fork you @guidomerkinsrules, i love rodman. i mean, if he needed help cleaning out his prince albert, i'd lend a hand.

the chief was just awesome. probably my favourite player of all time. he was tim duncan (though, duncan is a whole other thread as he is the most overlooked awesomeness of our era) before there was tim duncan. he played 21 seasons, tied second of all time. 21 seasons. in fairness, rodman was kinda old when he started his career. him and rodman both have four or five rings. hmm, rodman should have five. parish, uh, four? i know he won his last with rodman, pippen, and some jordan dude.

i dunno. chief was just well-rounded-dominant. worm was a wild-child. one made eight or nine all-star games (because doesn't that = greatness :rolleyes: ) while the other made two.

all of that said, rodman is the easily one of the very top defensive players of all time. he was on the all nba defensive teams like 5030340304 times. not to mention back to back defensive poy awards (i'm almost certain parish didn't have any, much less any of the nba first teams, though kinda sad as he was a very good defender). chief does edge him out on ppg though! sigh. not that hard to edge out rodman on ppg, though you worked your arse off for it against him.
How on earth did that quote get attributed to me?! Lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom