Metal Gear (1 Viewer)

Online is ridiculously fun. You can swing an entire match at the last second and killing might not be the best strategy to win.

I just started playing this game on Sunday. Haven't gotten very far but so far it's awesome. I didn't like the beginning and agree it was frustrating just crawling around watching a messed up movie. This is also my first MGS game so I wasn't aware they go off the rails a bit as far as reality goes. But after that it gets much, much better.

I love Mother Base and the idea of leveling it up. Any game where I can grind some and improve my character (or weapons and other stuff) is interesting and keeps my attention.

My first couple of missions I would start to sneak around and then just go full Rambo. After about 4 or 5 missions I've upgraded my binoculars and can now see the attributes of the enemy soldiers. So now I'm inspired to creep my way to the guys I want so I can knock them out and send them back to the base. This has completely changed the way I play and makes it a bit more fun. If I want to sneak around then I sneak around. If I want to spill some blood then Rambo it is. I can't wait to spend some quality time with this game over the weekend.

I haven't even gotten to the point where you can get other Buddies besides the horse. I did get DD on my last mission but haven't been able to do anything with him yet.

So far I highly recommend this game and encourage people to get past the prologue before you judge it. And I'm saying that as someone who almost turned the game off and went back to NBA 2K16 because I hated the opening so much.

I just started playing this game on Sunday. Haven't gotten very far but so far it's awesome. I didn't like the beginning and agree it was frustrating just crawling around watching a messed up movie. This is also my first MGS game so I wasn't aware they go off the rails a bit as far as reality goes. But after that it gets much, much better.

I love Mother Base and the idea of leveling it up. Any game where I can grind some and improve my character (or weapons and other stuff) is interesting and keeps my attention.

My first couple of missions I would start to sneak around and then just go full Rambo. After about 4 or 5 missions I've upgraded my binoculars and can now see the attributes of the enemy soldiers. So now I'm inspired to creep my way to the guys I want so I can knock them out and send them back to the base. This has completely changed the way I play and makes it a bit more fun. If I want to sneak around then I sneak around. If I want to spill some blood then Rambo it is. I can't wait to spend some quality time with this game over the weekend.

I haven't even gotten to the point where you can get other Buddies besides the horse. I did get DD on my last mission but haven't been able to do anything with him yet.

So far I highly recommend this game and encourage people to get past the prologue before you judge it. And I'm saying that as someone who almost turned the game off and went back to NBA 2K16 because I hated the opening so much.

Sounds terrible.

The only thing worse than Metal Gear is NBA2K16's MyPlayer mode that Spike Lee took a massive **** on.

The only thing worse than Metal Gear is NBA2K16's MyPlayer mode that Spike Lee took a massive **** on.

**** my Player, how do you like the change in game play from the rigid system it had before to the system in place now?

**** my Player, how do you like the change in game play from the rigid system it had before to the system in place now?

I think it's the opposite. More rigid now. They're going in the wrong direction.

You are right, the animation just makes it seem like it is more fluid. But you are almost forced into running plays now to get a player open.

Never been a huge fan of the series except for MGS 2 ,which I loved. This is one of the best games I've played in a while.

I don't see how anyone doesn't like Twin Snakes or really any of the other MGS's (minus maybe Rayden's whiny *** in MGS2). To me, it was some of the best presentation in gaming when released and the definition of blockbusters. If Phantom Pain is anything close, I'm going get today as soon as GS opens...
Don't really follow new games anymore and forgot a new one was coming...Guess I'll have to leave theMetroid Prime series unfinished yet again...smh

I don't see how anyone doesn't like Twin Snakes or really any of the other MGS's (minus maybe Rayden's whiny *** in MGS2). To me, it was some of the best presentation in gaming when released and the definition of blockbusters. If Phantom Pain is anything close, I'm going get today as soon as GS opens...
Don't really follow new games anymore and forgot a new one was coming...Guess I'll have to leave theMetroid Prime series unfinished yet again...smh

Other than being boring and having terrible game play, it's worth the money.

I would just like to take a moment to interject and point out, again, that Metal Gear is hot garbage. Save your money.

Please continue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom