Metcalf better be getting plenty of fines (1 Viewer)

i don't think SEA scored any points on drives where Latt had penalties (sure missed FGs helped)
but 'almost cost us' is very different than "could have cost us'
Only if you want to debate the definition of the terms. Their kicker was terrible and Geno Smith took unnecessary sacks. Lattimore single handedly ruined what could have been great field position with his retaliation. In a game where field position was everything.

Like everyone I saw what was happening. Metcalf was baiting Lattimore and unfortunately he took the bait. While I understand that this is a mano v mano situation and Lattimore was not going to backdown, honestly he could have cost us the game with those penalties. Lettimore has to keep his emotions in check as we do not at this point have an offense that can keep up with a team like TB who can score and score often. For the Saints to have any chance on Sunday we will need to play real smart football, get a couple of takeaways and put Brady on his butt all day long. Foolish penalties that extend drives or stop one we may have going just cannot happen if we are to pull out an upset!

Look at the hundreds upon hundreds of plays where he does keep his "emotions in check." What are the odds that every single time he's provoked, he's going to keep himself in check. What are the odds that he'll be the perfect bastion of calm and composure every time he's shoved to the ground.

Maybe Lattimore was constipated or had a toothache and wasn't in the mood to be effed with.

How much do you want to bet that Mike Evans or Antonio Brown tries that same crap Sunday afternoon?
Good than hopefully he's mentally ready for it and doesn't fall into that trap costing the team.

I don't think sheettalking gets in Latts head, he probably just smiles or talks back. It's when you start putting your hands on him with cheap shots and at the whistle shots that are away from the play that gets to him, and I don't blame him for losing his cool. I do wish, instead of retaliating, he would have made a big show of it though to bring the refs attention to what was going on. If you get pushed, flop like Lebron, if he grabs your facemask, act like he is trying to pull your head off. Do it a few times and maybe, just maybe, you get the calls instead of DK. Then it would stop because it's not working.

Exactly. When the guy
I don't think sheettalking gets in Latts head, he probably just smiles or talks back. It's when you start putting your hands on him with cheap shots and at the whistle shots that are away from the play that gets to him, and I don't blame him for losing his cool. I do wish, instead of retaliating, he would have made a big show of it though to bring the refs attention to what was going on. If you get pushed, flop like Lebron, if he grabs your facemask, act like he is trying to pull your head off. Do it a few times and maybe, just maybe, you get the calls instead of DK. Then it would stop because it's not working.
Pulls your facemask, act like a French soccer player and call for the Medi-Vac. Get punched in the face, act like a professional wrestler who just got hit with a folding chair. Like TLL should have done, take a flop and jerk around like a fish on the dock.

Like everyone I saw what was happening. Metcalf was baiting Lattimore and unfortunately he took the bait. While I understand that this is a mano v mano situation and Lattimore was not going to backdown, honestly he could have cost us the game with those penalties. Lettimore has to keep his emotions in check as we do not at this point have an offense that can keep up with a team like TB who can score and score often. For the Saints to have any chance on Sunday we will need to play real smart football, get a couple of takeaways and put Brady on his butt all day long. Foolish penalties that extend drives or stop one we may have going just cannot happen if we are to pull out an upset!
Dude was clutch, he wasn't gonna let DK play with him. He's a top 5 corner right now and DK had 1 catch the rest of the night. Smart football? What are you talking about?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom