Food Mexican Restaurant in Harrisburg Pa...POBLANO BURRITO (1 Viewer)

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
I am posting this in case anyone ever comes to Harrisburg for whatever reason. I haven't had any really good authentic Mexican food in years since I left San Antonio in the late 90's. This restaurant is unbelievable.....They have Tripas, Lingua, Menudo and barbacoa....they have it all. I have ate there 2 days straight and have just devoured their food. Its cooked basically right in front of you and its fresh. Its not a big place but its nice and clean. The chain Mexican restaurants here are awful. I'm just excited I actually found some good food here besides Italian. I have been spoiled as my ex wife was Hispanic and all her family could cook well and I have never found a restaurant outside of South Texas that could even compare to the food I was used too. I literally am doing cartwheels...so if your ever in the area and you like Mexican food go eat there.

If you are ever in Kansas City and want BBQ, JOES BBQ and CHAR BAR are awesome....I'm writing this after I just killed 6 tacos, lol.

Interesting. Harrisburg is my mom's hometown. Got nothing but distant relatives there now, but surprised to see it in a thread title!

Used to go there for work, never found a good restaurant I liked except Hershey Pantry. Everything else was pretty bland. I haven't been in years since I changed jobs.

Can’t beat Southern California Mexican food unless you go straight south. Pepe’s in downtown Fullerton is the best. My Mexican friend from work said it taste like his grandmother’s cooking.

Can’t beat Southern California Mexican food unless you go straight south. Pepe’s in downtown Fullerton is the best. My Mexican friend from work said it taste like his grandmother’s cooking.

Even some taco trucks are great in So Cal.

There are some things I don't like about Cali but the food isn't one of them.

I am posting this in case anyone ever comes to Harrisburg for whatever reason. I haven't had any really good authentic Mexican food in years since I left San Antonio in the late 90's. This restaurant is unbelievable.....They have Tripas, Lingua, Menudo and barbacoa....they have it all. I have ate there 2 days straight and have just devoured their food. Its cooked basically right in front of you and its fresh. Its not a big place but its nice and clean. The chain Mexican restaurants here are awful. I'm just excited I actually found some good food here besides Italian. I have been spoiled as my ex wife was Hispanic and all her family could cook well and I have never found a restaurant outside of South Texas that could even compare to the food I was used too. I literally am doing cartwheels...so if your ever in the area and you like Mexican food go eat there.

If you are ever in Kansas City and want BBQ, JOES BBQ and CHAR BAR are awesome....I'm writing this after I just killed 6 tacos, lol.

Do they use a lot of cilantro?

Good Mexican food north of Austin? Hard to believe...

Seriously, though, when we lived in Jersey, we gave up on getting Mexican food very quickly. Some people steered towards to places they said were excellent, but both frankly were inedible. Eventually, an "On the Border" opened about 25 minutes from us. It doesn't measure up to what one can get in south Texas, but the food is fresh (they make the tortillas on site all day long) so it was passable. I haven't eaten at one since moving here, though. Again, doesn't measure up.

Conversely, of course, I can't find any really good Italian or Chinese food in Houston like there is in the northeast. I've had decent Chinese food here, but nothing to measure up. Italian is a lost cause outright.

If I find myself near Harrisburg again, I'll give it a try. I would have driven that far for good Mexican now and then when we were up there.

Last edited:

When I was in San Diego back in the day I loved California Mexican food also.....Mexican food in general is a huge weakness of mine. I just freaking love it.....I have to watch myself though otherwise I will gain weight back that I lost.

Good Mexican food north of Austin? Hard to believe...

Seriously, though, when we lived in Jersey, we gave up on getting Mexican food very quickly. Some people steered towards to places they said were excellent, but both frankly were inedible. Eventually, an "On the Border" opened about 25 minutes from us. It doesn't measure up to what one can get in south Texas, but the food is fresh (they make the tortillas on site all day long) so it was passable. I haven't eaten at one since moving here, though. Again, doesn't measure up.

Conversely, of course, I can't find any really good Italian or Chinese food in Houston like there is in the northeast. I've had decent Chinese food here, but nothing to measure up. Italian is a lost cause outright.

If I find myself near Harrisburg again, I'll give it a try. I would have driven that far for good Mexican no and then when we were up there.

2 hispanic guys from Houston and Corpus area told me about it.....so I believed them. They were right. The menu isn't over the top but its decent.

This has nothing to do with Mexican food. But I feel real lucky to live close to Lockhart TX. There is this place called Blacks BBQ that has the best BBQ I have ever had. Best of all it is consistent.

When we first moved out to the countryside we tried other places Smittys and Kruetz BBQ. They were fine but inconsistent. Then started going to Blacks 5 years ago and haven't been to a different place since.

They say that Lockhart is the capital of BBQ Wars. To me it's not even close. Blacks has never dissapointed or underperformed.

This has nothing to do with Mexican food. But I feel real lucky to live close to Lockhart TX. There is this place called Blacks BBQ that has the best BBQ I have ever had. Best of all it is consistent.

When we first moved out to the countryside we tried other places Smittys and Kruetz BBQ. They were fine but inconsistent. Then started going to Blacks 5 years ago and haven't been to a different place since.

They say that Lockhart is the capital of BBQ Wars. To me it's not even close. Blacks has never dissapointed or underperformed.

Hey, I live in Kansas City so yeah there is some good BBQ places. I'm kinda the same with BBQ but I get burnt out on it easier. Do you like the burnt ends ? That's me and my wifes favorites....can eat it by the ton.

Hey, I live in Kansas City so yeah there is some good BBQ places. I'm kinda the same with BBQ but I get burnt out on it easier. Do you like the burnt ends ? That's me and my wifes favorites....can eat it by the ton.
Yeah I keep BBQ to once a month. If Mexican food were healthy I'd eat it almost daily. Oh also love soul food, was raised on it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom