Miami DID NOT give the game away (1 Viewer)

The two short yardage td's were big,Miami should have stopped them,they didn't. What I do find irksome is when people talk a about explosive offense,then say nothing about it when it comes to overcoming a big early deficit after they do it,its almost as if all the respect from the dolphins was lip serviice. That and hearing the dancing whiner come up with lame postgame junk,come to think of it, pregame as well.

The Dolphins came out and punched the Saints in the mouth, and gave everything they could to put themselves in a position to win this game. Kuddos to them for having more passion in the beginning!!!
The Saints then realized what the hell was going on, regrouped and came out in the 2nd half with a better plan.
The simplist way I see it it that
A) The Dolphins wore themselves out with going a million miles an hour in the 1st half.
B) They SEEMED to feel confident in their lead and decided to slow roll to a victory.
C) The Saints came out with determination, confidence and the drive to win in the 2nd half.
D) The Dolphins got stunned when they realized our adjustments were better than theirs
E) Our overall coaching and heart won

The dolphins have a good team and some good leaders (who are rightly PO'd they lost) and I will not take that away from them. But we have all seen the Saints of old do this exact thing, so we KNOW HOW IT IS DONE.
I think we can all agree that the better team won yesterday, and I am not taking away from either teams efforts, it is just that someone always has to come up short.

This is my attempt at civility by the way.

Ok, lets assume they did give up 21 points when they were ahead 24-3. People are forgetting that Miami still score 10 more points to pull away again! and we STILL came back! We outscore them 22-10 in the 4th qtr. No excuses. Miami fought hard, but We WANTED it and we GOT it!

Both teams made mistakes. But we weren't given anything. Sharper's Pick-6 was earned. Shockey earned his 66-yard reception. Bush earned his 10-yard TD. Brees earned both rushing TDs.

We played our worst half of the year yesterday. Miami played their worst half of the year. Their worst was worst than ours. And while giving the Dolphins opportunity after opportunity yields 24 points, you give the Saints opportunity after opportunity after they score 36.

I wouldn't say we were given anything. But I don't think anyone can deny that Miami mismanaged the game from the half on. I think any well coached team would win being up 24-3, even against the Saints. I think even if they would've reduced their gameplan to "run run pass punt" they would've been in better position to hold on to the lead. That is what they are built to do and they deviated from that plan, for whatever reason. I think everyone knew we were going to put up points in the second half but the Dolphins could've been a lot more conservative in their second half approach. Shorten the game, as I heard on one of those sports shows today.

I wouldn't say we were given anything. But I don't think anyone can deny that Miami mismanaged the game from the half on. I think any well coached team would win being up 24-3, even against the Saints. I think even if they would've reduced their gameplan to "run run pass punt" they would've been in better position to hold on to the lead. That is what they are built to do and they deviated from that plan, for whatever reason. I think everyone knew we were going to put up points in the second half but the Dolphins could've been a lot more conservative in their second half approach. Shorten the game, as I heard on one of those sports shows today.

I don't know what their problem was, but they had 2 drives of 4+ minutes: 4:00 and 7:24, their 1st and 4th drives. Besides that, they had 14 drives that were all 2:04 or less. Even when they built their lead, they were having short drives. They weren't shortening the game at all.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom