Miami DID NOT give the game away (1 Viewer)

StBSaint

Sec 646 Who Dat Nation
Reaction score
Just needed to express my disdain for the masses that say Miami gave the game away after leading by 3 touchdowns. For anyone that has ever played the game, we know this is a very untrue statement. You may give away a 3,4,5,7 or even a 10 point lead and lose a game. But in no way in H*** can you give away a 21 point lead and lose by 12. That game was taken by the Saints and there is no other way to say it. After one of the most miserable performances we had had in some time, the Saints decided that they were not going to just roll over and play dead. They fought harder, they ran harder and they simply took the game away from the Dolphins.

For anyone associated with the Dolphins to state that it was a game in which they gave it away when they should have won......let me just say this.....please return all monies received for services to the organization and proceed to getting a job as a bag boy at the grocery because you are completely unfit to be a football player. To say that you gave away a 21 point lead is basically saying that you have no heart or desire to win and once you decided that you made a statement of dominance over a team in the first 29 minutes then there was nothing left for you to prove so you gave the game away. This excuse is just a pathetic attempt to cover up the fact that you are not even close to being a PROFESSIONAL athlete.

And the other excuses that I have seen about the refs taking the game away from you and being paid off by the Saints!!!! Can you please explain on how rational a thought process that is? How many shots to the head do you have to take as a team before a flag is thrown? It was like the Dolphins practiced for two weeks on how to tackle by attacking the head of the opposing player. Or the convenient replay booth break down that allowed you to continue on your first drive(which was a momentum building oops on the refs) The game overall was badly officated on both sides.

I just want to say that never have I felt more confident and proud to be a New Orleans Saints fan. This team has shown a togetherness and determined attitude that we as a society should embrace and duplicate.

Sorry I ranted on and on but just a few thoughts I needed to get off my chest!

I don't understand your logic. If you loose a game when you were up by 7 or 10 you just loose a close game, you don'y give up anything.
The Fins DID screwed this game, no matter how good we are, no team should be able to come back from a 21 pts deficit...EVER.
But that's what make this team good, we win when we shouldn't have.

My logic is this....if you lose a close game it can be deemed that you gave it away on a mistake made that cost you a score or a lapse in judgement. But to be up by 21 and to not be able to stop not only a comeback but a double digit loss...is not giving it away. The game was taken from them by a team that was much more determined and disciplined for a full 60 minutes not just 29.

My logic is this....if you lose a close game it can be deemed that you gave it away on a mistake made that cost you a score or a lapse in judgement. But to be up by 21 and to not be able to stop not only a comeback but a double digit loss...is not giving it away. The game was taken from them by a team that was much more determined and disciplined for a full 60 minutes not just 29.
I personally won't deny the Dolphins gave us this game BACK. The Saints were the main reason the Dolphins got up by 21 and in the end the best team won. But even if it was luck, they should have never let us back in the game. The Fins coaching staff made of lot of decision that cost them the game, if they just manage the 2nd half better, they wouldn't have stopped us from scoring but I doubt we have the time to get all of our deficit back and they woukdn't have been as exposed to TO.

I see your point. The Dolphins were putting up points in the fourth quarter. But we finally just asserted ourselves, took over the game, and imposed our will on the Dolphins and their fans.

So . . . let's get this straight . . . you're saying that the Saints didn't win because they are good, but that the Dolphins lost because they're bad? How many more weeks are we going to have to listen to that kind of argument?

The Saints are Super Bowl quality--they are real and they are a borderline GREAT team. They played badly in the first half, made some major adjustments and got their feet under them against the wildcat. The Dolphins, who played brilliantly in the first half (because they are a good NFL-caliber team), couldn't answer those adjustments.

In short: the Saints won because they are a good team and could make adjustments. The Dolphins lost despite being a good team because they couldn't make adjustments. No one *gave* the Saints this game. They TOOK it back.

If it was the other way around you wouldnt feel that way...there have been plenty of times last year and years prior where after a game there would be nothing but threads finger pointing and saying how WE lost the game, hell we win game and still finger point and make excuses...

When one team, having been dominated in one half of football, decides that it will no longer allow that team to continue its established dominance and instead imposes its own will on that team and succeeds........well I see that as taking what is rightfully yours.

Miami didn't give this away. The Saints refuse to allow Miami to continue to do what they had been doing. It can be easily said that the Saints made all the mistakes to give a victory to Miami. They were doing things that they don't normally do such as turnovers and allowing pressure on Brees. Miami was not allowed to rush the ball in the second half, something they are usually able to do. The Saints took what was rightfully theirs; a victory. The only thing that Miami took was the beating that the Saints GAVE them.

So . . . let's get this straight . . . you're saying that the Saints didn't win because they are good, but that the Dolphins lost because they're bad? How many more weeks are we going to have to listen to that kind of argument?

The Saints are Super Bowl quality--they are real and they are a borderline GREAT team. They played badly in the first half, made some major adjustments and got their feet under them against the wildcat. The Dolphins, who played brilliantly in the first half (because they are a good NFL-caliber team), couldn't answer those adjustments.

In short: the Saints won because they are a good team and could make adjustments. The Dolphins lost despite being a good team because they couldn't make adjustments. No one *gave* the Saints this game. They TOOK it back.
You guys get completely paranoid!

I did say the Saints won the game because their the better team and I also we took this game back since we gave the Fins their huge lead....but when the game was 24-3, it should have been over. No matter how good or bad the opponent is, better decision by the Dolphins coaching staff should have won this game IMO.

I think what is being said is this:

1st Half
Dolphins: This is our ball and we will impose our will on you Saints
2nd Half
SLAP!!!!! Give me that d**m ball fishy, this is our ball and we do what who dat do!!!

Heart shown, game over, 46-34 SAINTS

Like I said in a couple of different threads now, an NFL team should not lose a game where they were up 24-3. If our team had done that we would ALL be saying that we lost the game. Let's just be honest. The Dolphins did not know how to put the game away, and Payton took advantage of that. That doesn't mean we aren't the best team in the NFL. But with that 1st half performance, we shouldn't have had a chance to win. The Dolphins had a chance to shorten the game, and refused to for whatever reason.

We are a great team, but the Dolphins made a lot of dumb decisions. That's not our fault that they did, but they did.

The saints outplayed the dolphins in the second half, NO QUESTION>

But the dolphins lost this game. Only blind homers would say otherwise. Dropped passes, stupid penalties, a lucky non-reverse call on a pick 6, a TERRIBLE timeout call with .05secs left in the first half, a questionable illegal forward pass call on an apparent fumble, I could go on and on. Poor decisions, bad plays.

We won the game, we outplayed the dolphins in the second half, but THEY CHOKED BIG TIME.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom