Miami DID NOT give the game away (1 Viewer)

The saints outplayed the dolphins in the second half, NO QUESTION>

But the dolphins lost this game. Only blind homers would say otherwise. Dropped passes, stupid penalties, a lucky non-reverse call on a pick 6, a TERRIBLE timeout call with .05secs left in the first half, a questionable illegal forward pass call on an apparent fumble, I could go on and on. Poor decisions, bad plays.

We won the game, we outplayed the dolphins in the second half, but THEY CHOKED BIG TIME.

I am confused..are you saying the Saints won or that the Dolphins lost??
The 1st half was all Miami, but the 2nd half belonged to the Saints...I refuse to allow excuses for us beating teams, just as I refuse to accept them for when we lose games.
The better team won, period!!!

I agree the better team won. I also believe miami made it a lot easier on us than they should have..

The 1st half was all Miami, but the 2nd half belonged to the Saints...I refuse to allow excuses for us beating teams, just as I refuse to accept them for when we lose games.
The better team won, no question about it but we probably would have fallen short in our comeback if it wasn't for a bunch of stupid decision by the dolphins. And let's assume the Fins do what they should have done and milk 4-5 minutes on the clock or don't call this timeout before the half. Who would you blame for a lose that was the result of a terrible game plan in the first quarter?

I think we all knew the Saints would surge in the second half and put up some points. But would we have beaten the Patriots if they were up 24-3??? Probably not. We are a better team than the Patriots, but they should win in a game where they are up that much. Hell if the Rams are up that much they should beat us.

I just know if our team was the one that gave up that kind of lead I wouldn't be saying how great the Dolphins were for coming back.

When one team, having been dominated in one half of football, decides that it will no longer allow that team to continue its established dominance and instead imposes its own will on that team and succeeds........well I see that as taking what is rightfully yours.

Miami didn't give this away. The Saints refuse to allow Miami to continue to do what they had been doing. It can be easily said that the Saints made all the mistakes to give a victory to Miami. They were doing things that they don't normally do such as turnovers and allowing pressure on Brees. Miami was not allowed to rush the ball in the second half, something they are usually able to do. The Saints took what was rightfully theirs; a victory. The only thing that Miami took was the beating that the Saints GAVE them.

Using your logic....do you think in the first half, the Phins took what was rightfully theirs?...Cause that's the only conclusion which can be drawn watching how we performed in the 1st half....(according to you)

But why not accept a different premise....a team to be successful must perform with better efficiency than their opponent, if they want to get ahead in the game....agreed?

In the first half, the Phins outperformed us......and no matter what we tried we failed to keep up with them......so they were more efficient that us.

In the 2nd half we managed to reverse this trend, and started to perform with a higher efficiency than we did in the first half....the Dolphins on the other hand dropped their near perfect efficiency they enjoyed in the first half....the end result was our comeback victory.

So...yes, if we're looking strictly to the 2nd half....we outperformed the Phins.....after we played like crap in the first half....that is from our perspective.....but on the same way a Phins fan might say the very same thing, (we gave the game away in the 2nd half) if he is looking strictly at the first half, and comparing their performance with the 2nd half...

The better team won, no question about it but we probably would have fallen short in our comeback if it wasn't for a bunch of stupid decision by the dolphins. And let's assume the Fins do what they should have done and milk 4-5 minutes on the clock or don't call this timeout before the half. Who would you blame for a lose that was the result of a terrible game plan in the first quarter?

I think we all knew the Saints would surge in the second half and put up some points. But would we have beaten the Patriots if they were up 24-3??? Probably not. We are a better team than the Patriots, but they should win in a game where they are up that much. Hell if the Rams are up that much they should beat us.

I just know if our team was the one that gave up that kind of lead I wouldn't be saying how great the Dolphins were for coming back.

I agree with you both. If we are up 24-3 and lose, I would be livid and stay away from the computer for a day or two. My view on this is that, once again, our halftime adjustments are better than any other team, and we expose the minor faults of other teams.
Our coaches are better than most coaches and this is why we won the game.
Yes, the Dolphins made mistakes and dropped passes, but that is not the reason we won. I don't ever want to watch us have to play catch up like that again, but it does make a 3, 7 or 10 point deficit seem like nothing now.
That is all I am saying.

I agree with you both. If we are up 24-3 and lose, I would be livid and stay away from the computer for a day or two. My view on this is that, once again, our halftime adjustments are better than any other team, and we expose the minor faults of other teams.
Our coaches are better than most coaches and this is why we won the game.
Yes, the Dolphins made mistakes and dropped passes, but that is not the reason we won. I don't ever want to watch us have to play catch up like that again, but it does make a 3, 7 or 10 point deficit seem like nothing now.
That is all I am saying.
I understand what you mean and overall I agree and if we came back from a 10-14 pts deficit I would agree but we got lucky on this one. Not because we adjusted well and came back strong because it is expected from a good team but we got lucky we had the time and opportunity to do it. For example, if Sparano decide to run the ball 4-5 times instead of passing 6 times (and maybe negating Sharper pick 6), do you think we win this game? If he doesn't call TO before the half, even if we don't score the TD, are you convinced we have time to line up properly to take the 3 pts?

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I just hope the team realized they got lucky on this one rather than gloat about it.

The saints outplayed the dolphins in the second half, NO QUESTION>

But the dolphins lost this game. Only blind homers would say otherwise. Dropped passes, stupid penalties, a lucky non-reverse call on a pick 6, a TERRIBLE timeout call with .05secs left in the first half, a questionable illegal forward pass call on an apparent fumble, I could go on and on. Poor decisions, bad plays.

We won the game, we outplayed the dolphins in the second half, but THEY CHOKED BIG TIME.

So are you saying that the Saints players had nothing to do with the dropped passes by the dolphins, or some of the penalties? I'll give you the timeout call (which was idiotic) but the pick six call....come on now...the ref was standing right there to make the initial call and you cannot reverse a call without sufficient evidence...and there was no angle that showed clearly it was a fumble or not.

I understand what you mean and overall I agree and if we came back from a 10-14 pts deficit I would agree but we got lucky on this one. Not because we adjusted well and came back strong because it is expected from a good team but we got lucky we had the time and opportunity to do it. For example, if Sparano decide to run the ball 4-5 times instead of passing 6 times (and maybe negating Sharper pick 6), do you think we win this game? If he doesn't call TO before the half, even if we don't score the TD, are you convinced we have time to line up properly to take the 3 pts?

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I just hope the team realized they got lucky on this one rather than gloat about it.

Now this I can agree with. The Dolphins, as a whole, made many mistakes that could have sealed our fate regardless of how we played. So in that respect, they gave it to us. The biggest thing is that they are still a young team and we not neccessarily exploited it, but the crunch time brought out the panic (or let's seal this thing mentality) and panic button was to easy for them to hit. I blame their coahces for not maintaining, as they had the perfect situation to win the game.
We were just able to cash in on our opportunities and pull out the come back.

We know too well what it's like to have had a roster that's in development and cannot finish games.

As for yesterday, once the Saints offensive line finally settled down and started executing assignments, the Dolphins were beaten.

Go take a look at Reggie's double-reverse. Find Joey Porter and watch him quit on the play. That wasn't "giving the Saints the game" -- that was "I'm a loud-mouth paycheck player when the game is on the line."

We know too well what it's like to have had a roster that's in development and cannot finish games.

As for yesterday, once the Saints offensive line finally settled down and started executing assignments, the Dolphins were beaten.

Go take a look at Reggie's double-reverse. Find Joey Porter and watch him quit on the play. That wasn't "giving the Saints the game" -- that was "I'm a loud-mouth paycheck player when the game is on the line."

He was scared that Brees might lay the wood on him too :)

we made mistakes and you guys took advantage. Its as simple as that.

I think what is being said is this:

1st Half
Dolphins: This is our ball and we will impose our will on you Saints
2nd Half
SLAP!!!!! Give me that d**m ball fishy, this is our ball and we do what who dat do!!!

Heart shown, game over, 46-34 SAINTS

The Marlins play football now?

They threw TWO pick 6s. They gave us the win. They should have continued to run the ball and run clock, but they didn't. I would blame the Dolphin coaches on that one.

You guys get completely paranoid!

I did say the Saints won the game because their the better team and I also we took this game back since we gave the Fins their huge lead....but when the game was 24-3, it should have been over. No matter how good or bad the opponent is, better decision by the Dolphins coaching staff should have won this game IMO.

A 24-3 lead in the FIRST half is not safe in the NFL against a top caliber offense. Never has been and never will be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom