Miami or KC would have taken Ruiz (1 Viewer)

We have to hope he is a stud for many years. Drafting a guard in the 1st round is rarely the type of splash fans love. But if they turn into a foundational piece on the line that may also be a Pro Bowl/All-Pro level player...it makes complete sense. Got to trust the scouts that he is special and deserving of the spot.

But if Patrick Queen ends up being as good as I expect. It will sting for some time that we didn't go that direction.

We have to hope he is a stud for many years. Drafting a guard in the 1st round is rarely the type of splash fans love. But if they turn into a foundational piece on the line that may also be a Pro Bowl/All-Pro level player...it makes complete sense. Got to trust the scouts that he is special and deserving of the spot.

But if Patrick Queen ends up being as good as I expect. It will sting for some time that we didn't go that direction.
I was so mad when we didn’t draft Queen

I was underwhelmed when the pick was announced, but it makes a ton of sense and the kid is a stud that has very little “bust” potential. I was also underwhelmed with the Ramczyk pick... so that shows I’m mostly an idiot.

In your defense, a lot of people were not happy with the Ramczyk pick. We essentially traded Cooks for a rookie right tackle and it was...underwhelming. Turns out we traded for a guy who will be in the Hall of Fame one day in hindsight

I was underwhelmed when the pick was announced, but it makes a ton of sense and the kid is a stud that has very little “bust” potential. I was also underwhelmed with the Ramczyk pick... so that shows I’m mostly an idiot.

Oline picks generally dont overwhelm or underwhelm. They just whelm. But in hindsight they look a lot better than 80 percent of the other picks 100 percent of the time. Well, often anyway.

Don’t buy that excuse. That was only said to appease those who wanted a trade down😂.
sarcasm-ON

No need for sarcasm. Payton locks in on players (despite what he may say publically) and will not risk losing a player. That is why he has traded back on twice in the last 14 years, but has traded up every year except his first year with the Saints.

What if Baun ends up being good as well?

Always love the priority of lineman over the flashy picks. Glad we got this kid. Middle pressure hurts us the most.

So true. I remember when the Cowboys built the best o line in football with top draft picks. I said to myself, the cowboys are dumb. The when fantasy football comes around, Im trying to get whatever RB is behind that line. Im like man, the cowboys did good drafting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom