Miami signs CB Joey Thomas (1 Viewer)

Yeah, he was out of Montana State. Pretty good CB in college, did not have much impact in the NFL his first go round with the Pack. He's got talent, but like any young corner, he needs time and experience in a defense to really solidify themselves.

I didn't recall him playing with the Saints. Did he ever see any PT?

I have a vague memory of the Saints signing him, But I do remember his been cut by the Pack. He was cut after he blew a couple of coverages and cost the Pack two games, The Pack didn't waste any time seeing if he was going to get better they very publicly cut him. They apparenly made the right call, Thomas didn't do squat with the Saints then bounced he around the league and was out of football until now.......

if he couldn't bust into our starting line up he can't be that good.

Just because he didn't get any play time here doesn't mean he doesn't have the skill to be on the field. Both Haslett and Payton have shown that their decisions regarding who plays/starts can come under question.

His biggest problem has been his maturity and that wears thin on people quickly. If he has his head on straight he might make the team down in Miami.

I remember being excited about getting him because he was about 6'3' and had decent speed. There was question about the competition he played at Montana State. On the other hand, he signed with a big program and got kicked off for some reason or other (off-field behavior). Regardless, I remember him having the speed and size but if I remember correctly, he couldn't tackle.

I remember being excited about getting him because he was about 6'3' and had decent speed. There was question about the competition he played at Montana State. On the other hand, he signed with a big program and got kicked off for some reason or other (off-field behavior). Regardless, I remember him having the speed and size but if I remember correctly, he couldn't tackle.

Sounds like a taller, better Jason David

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom