Miami Vice House… (1 Viewer)

You'd have to pay ME $3,500,000 to live in California.

In re to California, it gets an undeservedly bad rap…. I lived there for several years, and i can tell you that it’s a stunningly beautiful place, and the weather is as good as it gets in America, year round.. i would sometimes have to wear a sweatshirt at night in June, and there is zero humidity…. Almost every place has major issues with homelessness these days, and high taxes are certainly not confined to CA.

My thing is, if you have that kinda money, and want to be a Miami Vice character- Why not just move to Miami ? :shrug:

Me, i would rather be Magnum PI (the original one) and get a place in Hawaii.
Yeah, I know I'm old, I know the housing market is bonkers; but, I dunno, I want like a LOT of bedrooms for 3.5 mil, not 2. TWO bedrooms!

In re to California, it gets an undeservedly bad rap…. I lived there for several years, and i can tell you that it’s a stunningly beautiful place, and the weather is as good as it gets in America, year round.. i would sometimes have to wear a sweatshirt at night in June, and there is zero humidity…. Almost every place has major issues with homelessness these days, and high taxes are certainly not confined to CA.
Yeah, yeah. My BIL is from there, my niece lives there, and my other niece and nephew USED to live there; but I've just never aspired to live there. The last time I was there, we went to Yosemite and, yeah, GORGEOUS; but I still sweated my arse off walking through Mariposa Grove. And the last time before that, I was in San Diego for four days and it rained.every.day. Okay, no earthquakes; but still, I can take a hint.

I saw ZERO Nagels so i wouldnt pay a dime over 2.5mm.

Yeah, I know I'm old, I know the housing market is bonkers; but, I dunno, I want like a LOT of bedrooms for 3.5 mil, not 2. TWO bedrooms!

So my neighbor ( moving here in April 2022 full time ) has lived in SF for 31 years. Paid $228,000 for his home in early 90s. He will sell for $1.2mm ( Zillow has his home at $1.333mm ) He is absolutely giddy lol. As he should be.

You now have Denver blowing up because tech folks realizing they can get same size home in Denver area for about 20% less. ( which aint much less but less nontheless )

My sisters neighbor - 2 bd rm 1.5 bath - 1360~ sq ft...sold for $679,000 LOLOLOLOL

That is INSANITY. Oh and its 40+ years old.

So my neighbor ( moving here in April 2022 full time ) has lived in SF for 31 years. Paid $228,000 for his home in early 90s. He will sell for $1.2mm ( Zillow has his home at $1.333mm ) He is absolutely giddy lol. As he should be.

You now have Denver blowing up because tech folks realizing they can get same size home in Denver area for about 20% less. ( which aint much less but less nontheless )

My sisters neighbor - 2 bd rm 1.5 bath - 1360~ sq ft...sold for $679,000 LOLOLOLOL

That is INSANITY. Oh and its 40+ years old.
I'm surprised it's "only" $1.2 mil

I feel like this is very similar to the situation in Austin.. i spent a lot of time in Austin over the past 10 or 15 yrs, and real estate was always expensive there in comparison to nearby cities like Dallas, Houston and SA- but over the last 2 or 3 yrs, it has gotten to almost CA prices…. And there’s obvs a reason they call Austin ‘Silicon Valley South’, the number of tech jobs there is astounding…. All things equal, I’d probably prefer Denver over Austin, but Denver is a little further from family in NOLA than I’d prefer to be, and Austin is unfortunately still in TX :) … which is why i dont live in either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom