Michael Huff (1 Viewer)

Not really he was the only decent player they had I'm the secondary last year. He was a cap casulaty along with the Raiders trying to younger and less expensive on defense.

Yeah, that combined with what Hanau Eepe Saint quoted from PFT is certainly encouraging. I don't know how much he'd be asking, but he'd be an upgrade over anyone in our secondary except for maybe Lewis or Greer.

He just signed with the Ravens per Ravens official twitter account. So...there u go.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ravens announce they agree to terms with safety Michael Huff. I like their offseason more by the day</p>&mdash; Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/316950510844395520">March 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this is a solid signing considering what they have lost this offseason

Ozzie is taking care of business. He is showing once again that he is one of the, if not the, best GMs in the business.

Kruger leaves, Dumervil enters.
Reed leaves, Huff enters.

Now if he lands Karlos Dansby or Ogletree (in the draft) he will have out done himself.

After all the screaming of Armageddon, Ravens actually made out solid this offseason.

Reed and Lewis were no where near the players they used to be.

Kruger has been a situational guy for years there and they werent going to pay him big money when they get Suggs back healthy and already have Upshaw.

Ellerbie was a bit of a suprise, but he was a UDFA they developed. Ravens are a linebacker factory, they probably have 2 guys waiting in the wing that can compete for the gig, if not they can draft a quality player in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd.

They sign Dumervil who is an upgrade over Kruger, yet is getting paid less than Kruger. Huff is at his best at FS and is younger than Reed at this point.

I dont get the Boldin loss, that will hurt their offense.

But at the end of the day, they look solid on paper. They have a bunch of draft picks and some good players coming back off of injury.

Huff was a beast coming out of college, but never lived up to the expectations in Oakland. I am not sure why, but he played in the Rob Ryan defensive system for a few years, and did not excel, so no big deal that he signed with the Ravens.

Yeah, he already signed. Besides, we're content paying $7 million a year to the worst safety in the league. If we keep making decisions like that, we're going to have the worst defense in NFL history. Oh wait...
No, I know. Who am I to criticize Loomis and Payton's evaluations of defensive players? It's not as if they picked all of the players and coaches on the worst defense in NFL history.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom