Michael Huff (1 Viewer)

Extremely talented physical freak who never lived up to it.

Yet more proof measurables are a crapshoot.

I'd love him, especially on a 1 year prove it deal. Not sure if I trust him with big $$$'s. Versatile, can play safety and CB in a pinch.

Never panned out in Oaktown.
I'm interested to see how he would do in a more stable organization.

Strong Safety
6"1 205
4.37 40yd
40.5" vertical
He was known as an immediate playmaker at Texas.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2012, didn't the Raiders have one of the only secondaries in the NFL that was worse than ours? And they cut this guy? That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in what he could contribute.

He played cornerback last year because of all the injuries in oakland and was a better cb than asomugha. But yeah he's a safety and a good one (better than the CRAP we have for sure). If we could choose between him and asomugha, at the same price? You take him and run..pity that he'll want way more money than nnamdi.

Yeah yeah let the red thumbs come :ezbill:

From PFF:

After the tough first game, Huff continued to show improvement and seemed to make the position switch official when he picked up three passes defensed and an interception (and a +2.3 coverage grade) against the Atlanta Falcons’ wide receiver duo of Roddy White and Julio Jones in Week 6. Huff finished the season at cornerback and graded at +2.1 at his new home. It was an impressive performance as he performed admirably at a position where most safeties would be exploited.
When you add it all up, opponents completed only 53 percent of passes into Huff’s coverage and he finished with nine passes defensed and two interceptions. All of this came two years removed from Huff grading at +17.2 as our No. 2 safety in the league, and one year removed from his strong play when filling in as the team’s slot cornerback. He’s essentially succeeded in three different positions over a three-year period.

We could definitely do worse..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2012, didn't the Raiders have one of the only secondaries in the NFL that was worse than ours? And they cut this guy? That doesn't give me a lot of confidence in what he could contribute.

Not really he was the only decent player they had I'm the secondary last year. He was a cap casulaty along with the Raiders trying to younger and less expensive on defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom