Michael Huff (1 Viewer)

I think the team would be better served getting a good (real good) DT like stroud maybe. We could line up with 5 michael huffs and struggle on d if we don't get an inside push from the d line. I like Huff. But if the team is giving up picks....DT is the way to go.

I would take Huff on this team in a second he is the deep safety that we need. I cannot understand why the Raiders would trade a guy only going into his 3rd season. But then again they gave Tommy Kelly 50 million dollars.

Personally with the acquisition of Vilma, I feel that, providing he comes good of course our next most pressing defensive needs are FS and DT, at least ONE of those needs can be addressed through the draft. I don't have faith that there are any other DT's on the market capable of giving us what we need through the middle and other than Wilson no FS either. If we could somehow pull this off and trade for Huff we'd only have TWO (yes TWO, now think for a minute how long has it been since there we're only TWO problems with our defense?) needs left at DT and CB again one of THOSE would be addressed through the draft (i'm hoping for a DT in Ellis or Dorsey) and we could probably still have money to spend on a cheap(er) free agent CB in Drayton Florence.

I know that most fans on here see us needing two corners with the McKenzie injury but we need to give Mike that time and pray for the best on that one. What I do know about football is that a good FS can make an average corner look great, so if we were to go into day one with David on one side and Florence on the other I could live with that if I knew we had a Playmaker at FS behind David. I would be much more worried if Bullocks was still back there. Pair that with a Ellis or Dorsey in the middle and Vilma leading the LB corps and I'd say we have a defense capable of getting us to the SB, and an Offense capable of taking over when we get there.

The real problem with David is somewhere along the line he forgot that we (the Saints) play man and not cover 2. He's not in Indy anymore and once realises that sometimes he's on a Island and can't always take risks expecting Bullocks to save the day (to be fair even when Bullocks SHOULD have the over the top I don't think he should chance it, the guy blows assignments let's face it) I think he can be a good if not great corner for this team, the athleticism is there but he left his mind back in Indianapolis.

I really want Huff and i'd trade a 3rd and 5th for him in a heart beat, the only thing im disliking is if he has that big 43 million dollar contract

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom