Michael Huff (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
In the articles about Kelly's megapay day. The raiders seem to be shopping Huff (and potentially looking to get a 3 and 5 for him - from their fans), since they think they are getting Gibril Wilson. Would we look at trading for Huff? The raiders played him at SS, but he's clearly a FS. Trading a 3 and 5 doesn't seem bad for a player that was drafted 7th overall just 2 years ago. I've never heard of issues off the field or with attitude on him either.

Thoughts?

A 3rd and a 5th this year would be fairly steep. I'm curious to know how well hes played. I haven't seen much from him.

"Two league sources tell the Oakland Tribune's Jerry McDonald that it's "no secret" Raiders S Michael Huff is on the trade block.

Huff is going to be hard to trade with that $43 million rookie deal he signed in 2006. It's very surprising that the Raiders would be looking to unload Huff with no viable alternative behind him. Oakland needs a hitter at strong safety so Huff can move to center field and capitalize on his strengths."

I don't see him wanting to re-negotiate that monster $43m contract which will rise and rise throughout the contract. No thanks

Giving up picks is like using ammunition and we only have a certain amount. I would rather use the picks on holes (Lito or Shockey) than on potential.

Giving up picks is like using ammunition and we only have a certain amount. I would rather use the picks on holes (Lito or Shockey) than on potential.

See, to me, safety is one of the most glaring holes on this team. Huff is a player, and a blazer. To sure up the middle of our D with Huff and Vilma would be phenomenal.

There's a reason they're trading a top pick from 2004. Combine that with a giant contract and I say pass. Seems too fishy to be good.

See, to me, safety is one of the most glaring holes on this team. Huff is a player, and a blazer. To sure up the middle of our D with Huff and Vilma would be phenomenal.

To me, if we are going to pay out the *** for a Safety we might as well just sign Gibril Wilson and keep the picks.

To me, if we are going to pay out the *** for a Safety we might as well just sign Gibril Wilson and keep the picks.

+1. Not only that, but I'm betting Gibril is better than Huff. Otherwise, why trade Huff and replace him with Gibril?

because they are the raiders.

That's exactly what I was going to say. Besides, its not like we can just say we want Gibril and then he's a Saint. He has to want us too. I personally think Huff is a much better player. I'll never pretend to understand why the Raiders do half the things that they do. But they're not the only one's. Some teams trade pro-bowl stud middle linebackers for second day picks. This league is weird some times.

There's a reason they're trading a top pick from 2004. Combine that with a giant contract and I say pass. Seems too fishy to be good.

He was the 7th overall pick from the 2006 draft. This will be his third year.

In two years he has posted: 163 tackles, 1 sack, 1 safety, 12 pass deflectons(he went from 1PD to 11 PD from his rookie year to his second year), and 1 interception.

Ontop of that he is part of one of the best secondaries in the league.

I think Al davis is having some sort of dimentia. With the rediculous contract he gave to that DT, hiring art shell as coach, telling Lane kiffin to resign, and now trading huff. I don't know whats going on with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom