Michael Huff (1 Viewer)

umm....these are the Raiders we're talking about. Not exactly known for their sound football or fiscal decisions. The same Raiders that gave a largely unproven DT comming off a torn ACL a $50 mil. contract yesterday. But in fairness, he does have 3 1/2 career sacks. [/sarcasm] Huff was a player at UT, and I believe that he still is a good FS right now. Playing him at SS is trying to force a square peg in a round hole. I don't know about picking up that contract, but otherwise I'd be open to giving it a shot.

He was the 7th overall pick from the 2006 draft. This will be his third year.

In two years he has posted: 163 tackles, 1 sack, 1 safety, 12 pass deflectons(he went from 1PD to 11 PD from his rookie year to his second year), and 1 interception.

Ontop of that he is part of one of the best secondaries in the league.

I think Al davis is having some sort of dimentia. With the rediculous contract he gave to that DT, hiring art shell as coach, telling Lane kiffin to resign, and now trading huff. I don't know whats going on with him.

It just seems so weird to try and trade a very good S who would most likely be a star were he not in Oakland. I wouldn't mind having Huff, but I would hate to lose a good pick and THEN also have to pay that outrageous contract.

To me, if we are going to pay out the *** for a Safety we might as well just sign Gibril Wilson and keep the picks.

Huff, is much better than Gibril. Oakland is rumored to have signed him. I would much rather Huff and would readily give a 3rd and 5th, as long as the 5th was next year. Huff is a major upgrade over Bullocks. That said, I really hoped we had interests in Madeui Williams. I think he will be the next good safety. Too bad he already signed with the Vikings.

huff would be a great pickup to go along with harper, hopefully they could get him without giving up 1st or 2nd round pick this year

i doubt he is even in consideration though due to his massive contract

Huff is playing completely out of position in Oakland at SS. He should be playing FS.

Leave it to the Raiders to completely waste a top 10 pick.

I would be willing to give something up for this guy.

huff would be a great pickup to go along with harper, hopefully they could get him without giving up 1st or 2nd round pick this year

i doubt he is even in consideration though due to his massive contract

He is a young Stud safety.... unless there is something wrong with him (mentally, physically, smokingly :D, or with Law enforcement) I would give up our third and Bullocks or a fifth with no hesitation... HE WAS A TOP TEN PICK TWO YEARS AGO!!! He doesn't suck by any stretch of imagination... His stats are good and he will be coming into his prime and will have 7-8 good years ahead...

matching him up with our Bama kid at SS and him at FS... SWEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTT!

Oakland isn't going to have alot of bargaining power because of his contract. I think he could be had for this years 3rd rounder.

I would trade for him now, right now! He will answer all of our problems with Bullocks.
It is a huge deal though that may scare us away but we do have the money.

It all depends on his bonus money and how many years are left on the contract. The bigger the bonus and the more years, the bigger hit Oakland takes now and I think they will want high compensation.

I just posted this in another thread, but here it is again. Remember, the Raiders gave up Randy Moss for just a 4th rounder last year and they eventually could settle for comparable compensation. I don't know about any of you, but a 4th round pick for a guy who won the Thorpe Award in college and runs in the 4.3s would be like getting a filet mignon steak for the price of a Big Mac. We should at least make an overture to the Raiders and listen to what they have to say. Hell, our 4th round pick last year didn't even make the team, so what's to lose?

By all accounts, he has outstanding character, too. A top-10 pick going into his 3rd year at a glaring position of need, with his skills... if all we have to give up is a 3rd and 5th, then go for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom