• Motown 25

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When you hear Billie Jean what do see in your mind first?

The video or the Motown 25 performance?

Mine is easy, Motown 25

I actually didn’t see it at the time, and didn’t see it for a while afterwards, ( i think it’s on the making of Thriller video)

But I remember all the kids talking about it at school, I remember the teachers talking about it

I also never got the connection between the song and the video, I did live the lighting up effect though

What say you?

First thought is ATCG

Second is Levis

Final is "who is Billie" and why is he/she messing with my genetics and my dungarees.

The music video.

When I think of the moonwalk, I think of the Motown special.

I remember being at my best friends house when the Motown 25 performance was on his T.V.
I believe it was in 1983.
We were just talking while the t.v. was on and neither one of us was really paying attention. That is until when Michael did his moonwalk. We both jumped up in awe! We really didn't know much about Michael then, (except for Off the Wall).
But after that performance, it seemed like everyone knew who Michael was. Everybody was talking about him at school, (John Q Adams), the next day.

Michael was actually one of the first that actually knew how to use a music video to further the art of music. How ever you feel about his personal life, his talent cannot be denied.
I completely agree. Reminds me of this chef at a local steak house. That guy cooks the best filet in the world. It's unbelievable how he can be that much better than the next person, it really is that good. In fact, the filet is so good that when police caught him hiding young kids in the freezer and molesting them everyone just looked the other way for years. Everyone knew what was going on but still packed the restaurant out every night. I mean, who can blame them when a guy can cook like that!

I completely agree. Reminds me of this chef at a local steak house. That guy cooks the best filet in the world. It's unbelievable how he can be that much better than the next person, it really is that good. In fact, the filet is so good that when police caught him hiding young kids in the freezer and molesting them everyone just looked the other way for years. Everyone knew what was going on but still packed the restaurant out every night. I mean, who can blame them when a guy can cook like that!

i never said you don’t blame him for what he did. And if there had been all the evidence of what he did then, all those copies of Thriller would have never been sold. My point is simply that you can't say that he wasn't talented. Bill Cosby was still funny at one time as well. I have learned not to idolize people but to appreciate their talents. We all have multiple sides to us. All of us, its only a matter of degrees. Boycott his albums, whatever it is you feel you have to do, just don't say he wasn't talented.

i never said you don’t blame him for what he did. And if there had been all the evidence of what he did then, all those copies of Thriller would have never been sold. My point is simply that you can't say that he wasn't talented. Bill Cosby was still funny at one time as well. I have learned not to idolize people but to appreciate their talents. We all have multiple sides to us. All of us, its only a matter of degrees. Boycott his albums, whatever it is you feel you have to do, just don't say he wasn't talented.
He's extremely talented. I really don't care, just think it's funny how hypocritical society can be, that's all. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom