michael lewis can he play (1 Viewer)

I'm going to answer no...

But that being said Michael always does look on kick and punt coverage, i.e. takes good angles, makes sure tackles, and I even remember a few times when he has saved a return touchdown by catching a guy from behind.

But that being said I would still say no, probably not.

Can Michael Lewis throw the ball? We could play him at QB and he would be better then Mike Vick. Brees can run some so it's not like he couldn't be used at the same time.

Gee, why stop at Michael Lewis? Coach could have a really creative offseason and turn Reggie Bush into a dynamite corner, Marques Colston into a fast weakside linebacker, Deuce McAllister into a menacing strongside linebacker, and Mike Karney into a backbreaking middle linebacker.

Yep. The sky's the limit here.

Beggers cant be choosy.

Our current DBs aint hitting on nothin.Not saying beerman should start or guard the taller players but what about teams with players like deion branch or steve smith?At least you know beerman wouldn't get burned like mckenzie or thomas.

Yes and while we're at it I think Jamaal Brown should be the starter over Drew Brees.

Drew could play FB. He made a heckeva block on Henderson's TD in the first Falcons game.

This is the NFL. You can't just throw a guy in a position that he has never played before and expect him to be able to pick it up and play good. Look at Jason Craft. He has been a CB for years and he gets burnt a lot. I don't care how fast Lewis is. He would be worse than Craft because he has never played the position. I find it hard to believe you would even ask this question.

oh god, here we go.... wr, db, maybe some qb???? as much as i love Lewis, you guys on this site are on a whole other level

i mean really, after reading this site for a while i have come to this conclusion.
Devery Henderson can't play wr even though he has 3 td's in almost as many games played and the Beerman can play any posistion on the field despite being nothing but a return man

This is the NFL. You can't just throw a guy in a position that he has never played before and expect him to be able to pick it up and play good. Look at Jason Craft. He has been a CB for years and he gets burnt a lot. I don't care how fast Lewis is. He would be worse than Craft because he has never played the position. I find it hard to believe you would even ask this question.

I agree with you, but it should be pointed out that the Patriots were able to successfully plug Troy Brown in as a DB (a position he had never played before), he even was tied for the team lead in interceptions the year they won their third Superbowl. Of course that was probably an "exception that proves the rule" type of situation but just pointing it has been done before.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom