Michael Lewis: The Blind Side

Thread starter #1

dajmno

Hall-of-Famer
Ratings
Michael Lewis is by far one of my favorite authors. His Op-Ed pieces on Bloomberg are great too. I was a fan of his, ever since he gave the commencement address when I graduated from Tulane in '05. His book The Blind Side is a great football book, but goes into so much more. It's a great book for all you football addicts, I recommend it.

gaminerie

...if you like saxophones
Ratings
Michael Lewis the writer is a New Orleans native and graduate of Isidore Newman. He is married to Tabitha Soren of MTV fame, and they live in Paris with their daughters.

i read The Blind Side back in October. i would recommend it not just for football fans but for SEC fans in particular. With Michael Oher deciding to stay for his senior season, Nick Saban seeing another recruiting year at Bama, and Coach O hired by the Saints, the book is full of interesting insight.

CHI-TOWNSAINT

More than 15K posts served!
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
Great book and gives insight to how I think a bunch of athletes come up and it was also interesting to see the recruiting side of things from the family.

gaminerie

...if you like saxophones
Ratings
The greatest thing i took away from it was a new appreciation for that left-tackle position.

i had never seen it that way before and now i watch the entire game differently.

Shiloh

Pro-Bowler
Ratings
A great, informative, insightful book. Very entertaining. I hear they're making a movie out of it, too.