Michael Lombardi: Saints Best Option Is To “Tear It Down And Rebuild” (1 Viewer)

Tear down and rebuild a winning team. What an idiot. To think he actually gets paid for writing garbage.
By the way who is this Lombardi chap anyway? Is he related to Vince?

1. "Taysom has a hard time staying healthy" - other than this year, when he missed games due to a cheap head shot that would have concussed anyone that took the hit, has Taysom been injury prone during his time with the Saints? I don't care what happened at BYU 6-8 years ago. From 2017-2020, I don't think he missed any games due to injury.

2. The Saints are "good health" away from being SB contenders. That's not the type of team you "tear down and rebuild."

3. Dumb take.

Get outta here with that. They just hate seeing the Saints being a consistent successful franchise.

In addition to what everyone else has already said, our main competition in the division will experience a rather steep regression when Brady retires after this season (or next—I guess he could keep going for another year). Atlanta is staring down the barrel of a rebuild and Carolina is in a state of chaos. It’s not like we’re looking around the division and thinking, ‘this roster just isn’t going to cut it against the Bucs, Falcons and Panthers.’

The Bucaneers should consider hiring him as their GM.
How sweet that would be if Jason Licht decided to retire. Then Bucs hire Lombardi as replacement.

His first act is to fire Sale Bucs. For a 3rd rounder he gives us Gronk and Evans.

• 1LOL
Reactions: LoE
Lol? How could someone who gets paid to write and give opinions about football can be so out of touch? This is a far beyond take past tone-deaf, this is like swinging at a pitch and missing then launching the bat at the pitcher, spiking the pitcher in the head.

Only a small sample size given the injuries this year, once the defense got mostly healthy, they shut down offenses outside of a few drives. The offense had bargin bin practice squad players being thrusted in running routes at WR. If the Saints retain most of their defense which it looks like they will and infuse some talent into the offense, this is a superbowl contender even with a GAME MANAGER QB.

That is the beauty of the make up with this team at the moment. We don't NEED a 350 yard passer, we just need someone that can move the chains on 3rd down and be able to stretch the field at times to keep teams from loading 8 or 9 in the box.

It just reminds me what I already know.

I don't give a crap what he thinks. Let him do all the gossiping he wants. So what. He's meaningless.

This is something you say about a team that has aging name only guys. It’s just dumb to suggest this at all, particularly on the defensive side of the ball.

Yea you know all those talented young guys you have been grinding through drafts to get, yea go ahead and get ‘em out of here.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom