Michael Moore owned Hannity this hour!!!! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Don't have a link yet but my only time watching Fox News and watched Hannity get owned by Michael Moore!!!!

Don't have a recap but it was basically talking about his movie and the topics within it.

AP:9:

AP, that still doesn't say very much. Yeah Micheal Moore beat Sean Hannity at a debate on a TV show, when most on Sr.com know Hannity probably could get beat by Doink the Clown because the man can't debate worth a damn.

Now, if Christopher Hitchens was on that show arguing the merits of Moore's movie and seeing any flaws, Moore gets his fat *** run over back to Flint, Michigan. And yes, I do know that Hitchens is certainly very liberal and more likely to be seen on Moore's perspective and perhaps sympathetic, but don't fool yourself people, a smarter person who knows HOW to debate Moore wins and makes him look foolish. Doing some actual research might help both of these men, political egos being what they are and how Jeaneane Garafalo is a washed up blowhard of a comic who some still wonder was ever really funny.

AP, that still doesn't say very much. Yeah Micheal Moore beat Sean Hannity at a debate on a TV show, when most on Sr.com know Hannity probably could get beat by Doink the Clown because the man can't debate worth a damn.

Now, if Christopher Hitchens was on that show arguing the merits of Moore's movie and seeing any flaws, Moore gets his fat *** run over back to Flint, Michigan. And yes, I do know that Hitchens is certainly very liberal and more likely to be seen on Moore's perspective and perhaps sympathetic, but don't fool yourself people, a smarter person who knows HOW to debate Moore wins and makes him look foolish. Doing some actual research might help both of these men, political egos being what they are and how Jeaneane Garafalo is a washed up blowhard of a comic who some still wonder was ever really funny.
And dont fool yourself either, Moore has consistently owned a lot of people who underestimate his intelligence.

I often dont agree with some of his arguments or draw some of the same conclusions he does but the man tends to perform extremely well in debates and on TV. Most people, like many on this board, have a caricature of Michale Moore and tend to think hes some fat slob who doesnt understand half of what he says and is just some left wing crazy who is akin to the hollow talking heads on the right. Then these people challenge him under that false presumption and to there shock he ends up taking them to the woodshed.

Im not gonna put him on the pedastool of elite intellectuals, or even on a level of being an esteemed intellectual, but the guy is prepared and knows his ****. He practically embarassed and destroyed Sanjay Gupta's arguments, CNNs healthcare expert, while promoting Sicko.

Last edited:
Its on youtube, but every time i open up a link to watch it my browser crashes. Tried it in Firefox, Opera and IE, same thing. I honestly didnt care that much to see it but now that I cant manage to get it to work its frustrating me to no end.

Im not a Michael Moore fan, but the guy did just own Hannity. Ive never seen him walk away from a debate in which he didnt bury the opposition. I just dont think the fringe of either side of the aisle has much to offer the planet from a Realist perspective. The only thing about the Moore's and the Limbaugh's is that they create the poles on each side and that makes the center a bit more defined.

i've never seen a Moore film, so can't comment intelligently on his work-- but i'm a little disappointed that he would go onto the Fox propoganda machine and contribute to the ratings of a psychopath like Hannity.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-JGbMYecug&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y-JGbMYecug&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Its cute how they edit it so they dont let Moore respond in the last part of the clip so it seems like Hannity gets off on a good note.

Another part of the interview

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUnhiqkKmxA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yUnhiqkKmxA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I think this is the beginning of the interview:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5YOIUpLpLI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b5YOIUpLpLI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I think he got somewhat owned, but not real ownage. mainly because Moore is still a dbag. His insistence that anyone who signed on the dotted line didn't bear some responsibility because they hold no real assets from being poor is kinda asanine. Ignorance does not absolve one of thier responsibilities. Also, saying that irresponsible people only number in the 10 percent range seems silly to me.

Still, I enjoy seeing Hannity spanked around a little. I give credit to Moore for being smarter then Hannity.

Moore is actually from a small city outside of Flint. The dude is a big piece of lying crap for so many reasons.

I think he got somewhat owned, but not real ownage. mainly because Moore is still a dbag. His insistence that anyone who signed on the dotted line didn't bear some responsibility because they hold no real assets from being poor is kinda asanine. Ignorance does not absolve one of thier responsibilities. Also, saying that irrisponsible people only number in the 10 percent range seems silly to me.

He didnt say that at all, your misframing just like Hannity did. He said very clearly that there are those who lived beyond there means. Its idiotic to expect a poor to lower middle class person, with little education and even less education in reading legal documents, to expect to understand everything they are signing. There is also a common perception that there are laws in place to negate swindling and the type of predatory loans that happened.

Furthermore the entire argument was a red herring considering the crises, as Moore pointed out when referencing the FBI investigation, was brought on very minutely by subprime mortgages.

Watching the last two clips i posted it seems like Hannity is more focused on making ad hominem attacks instead of discussing the arguments Moore is attempting to discuss.

Last edited:
Bronco, I think maybe the biggest problem many may have with him, if I could borrow a comment Blue Sky made about Kieth Olberman a few weeks ago(if Blue agrees with it of course): Maybe it's not so much what's being said in this documentary, or the facts even: It's who saying it, and how it's being said. Most Americans may agree with what someone like Kieth Olbermann says as in substance, but the man turns people because he acts condescending, smug, and a complete dick. That may work for some people who have similar personalities/attitudes, or opinions, but most people will me, you, Micheal Moore, Bill O'Reilly, and Kieth Olbermann because they'll look at us and wonder *** do you think you are? Who appointed all of you to talk **** to us like we're uneducated peons and be high and mighty and has this "too cool for school" view towards your work.

More often not, Bronco, If I were to act that way towards some buddies of mine tomorrow at USA, even I win the argument hands down, I still run the risk of getting my *** kicked into next week because the people around me think I'm a win-at-all-costs rat **** punk.

President Obama IMO, could say some of the same things Moore is saying right here, frame it better, win people over because he is a communicator, not a divider, and certainly not crass and controversial.

And why" Because, unlike Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, he has charisma and savvy technique to know how to win an argument but do it in a style that is congenial and seemingly non-partisan rather then being apart of the same old DC politics.

To me, President Obama is what Friedrich Nietzsche would deem an overman, the strength of his convictions is what brings people to him, maybe even more so then Reagan could've ever been or was. That's a powerful character trait to have, Bronco, and certainly separates him most of the pack in both major political parties right now.

but i'm a little disappointed that he would go onto the Fox propaganda machine and contribute to the ratings of a psychopath like Hannity.

Fox already has more viewers than CNN and MSNBC combined for this time slot so it was a shrewed business decision on the part of Moore so more people will go see his current documentary.

Bronco, I think maybe the biggest problem many may have with him, if I could borrow a comment Blue Sky made about Kieth Olberman a few weeks ago(if Blue agrees with it of course): Maybe it's not so much what's being said in this documentary, or the facts even: It's who saying it, and how it's being said. Most Americans may agree with what someone like Kieth Olbermann says as in substance, but the man turns people because he acts condescending, smug, and a complete dick. That may work for some people who have similar personalities/attitudes, or opinions, but most people will me, you, Micheal Moore, Bill O'Reilly, and Kieth Olbermann because they'll look at us and wonder *** do you think you are? Who appointed all of you to talk **** to us like we're uneducated peons and be high and mighty and has this "too cool for school" view towards your work.

More often not, Bronco, If I were to act that way towards some buddies of mine tomorrow at USA, even I win the argument hands down, I still run the risk of getting my *** kicked into next week because the people around me think I'm a win-at-all-costs rat **** punk.

President Obama IMO, could say some of the same things Moore is saying right here, frame it better, win people over because he is a communicator, not a divider, and certainly not crass and controversial.

And why" Because, unlike Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, he has charisma and savvy technique to know how to win an argument but do it in a style that is congenial and seemingly non-partisan rather then being apart of the same old DC politics.

To me, President Obama is what Friedrich Nietzsche would deem an overman, the strength of his convictions is what brings people to him, maybe even more so then Reagan could've ever been or was. That's a powerful character trait to have, Bronco, and certainly separates him most of the pack in both major political parties right now.

Im not sure where he did any thing offensive or worthy of condemnation in this interview.

Listen Im not a champion of the guy, and even though i tend to agree with his overall thesis and many of his conclusions, I disagree with the stuff in between probably more than I agree with it. If that makes sense. But I will say that most of the **** leveled at the guy is a cozy caricature that people paint as a way to make him more easily dismissable.

Ive listened to most of his interviews, his debates, his hour long discussions on Democracy Now and I have never seen him be an *******, condescending or flat out vitriolic the way you see Limbaugh or Micheal Savage treat others. I wouldn't even say hes even near Olberirmann or Maher. He's brash, not afraid to ask you tough questions and pulls some often times, IMO, pointless stunts. But the worse I ever see from the guy is a few one liners about Bush or Republicans(sometimes democrats) typically in his movies as a way to throw some red-meat and humor to his audience.

If theres one overall criticism i have about the guy, its that he makes far too many appeals to emotion in his films and too often relies on anecdotal evidence at the expense of more rigorous intellectual or academically sound evidence. It was my problem with Fahrenheit, Columbine and to an extent Sicko and I expect it would be my problem in Capitalism as well.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom