Michael Thomas 6th best WR accroding to PFF (1 Viewer)

MissippiWhoDat

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Michael Thomas finished as the 6th best WR according to PFF. What a steal in the second round and good call by Nick Underhill.

mike_thomas.png

Attachments

• mike_thomas.jpg
    mike_thomas.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 274
Not 6th best rookie, which still wouldn't have been too bad.

But 6th best WR.

Wow.

Evans
Julio
AJ Green
Antonio Brown
TY Hilton.......

AND MIKE THOMAS?????

This is just awesome.

Oh, and Odell is 7th :)

I am really excited about the career Michael will have with the Saints. He is truly the type of receiver that will make a QB better. Im speaking about years own the line when Drew is retired.

He was on point against Atlanta. For Drew Brees to have that much confidence in a rookie

Dude is gonna be awesome next year. I hope we can keep him cooks and Snead together. I'm fearing that egos may get hurt though.

He was on point against Atlanta. For Drew Brees to have that much confidence in a rookie

He was clutch on 3rd downs all year. When the Offense needed a play he routinely came up with it with his only bad game being the 2 fumble game. Other than that he was consistently good throughout the entire year and never hit a rookie wall either.

Glad I listened to SP when he said "hes someone I'd want on my fantasy team" Payton never comes out and is that open about players but he was with MT the entire year.

Anyone else noticed that we didn't see the sick circus catches all year despite knowing he's capable of it SP and company appear to be coaching it out of him and making sure he always goes for the ball with 2 hands which he pretty much does.

should have had 10 TD's if Drew throws that last INT on his back shoulder instead of in front. It was open similar to the back shoulder TD he caught a few weeks ago on the CB where he casually just turned to the outside and snatched it b4 the CB could even jump or recover.

I posted mid season asking if Thomas had the ability in a few years to be elite like AJ Green and Julio. Well, it's 1st year and he's already up there. He's only going to get better barring injury. What a find!!!

Mike Evans over Julio Jones and Antonio Brown? Not saying I'm disagreeing here, but what separates him/makes him better than the latter two? Just some clarification.

I posted mid season asking if Thomas had the ability in a few years to be elite like AJ Green and Julio. Well, it's 1st year and he's already up there. He's only going to get better barring injury. What a find!!!

You did and got neg repped to oblivion if I recall. I'm going to check that thread. See some of the comments.

edit: Lies. 17 out of 19 likes. Way to swim

Mike Evans over Julio Jones and Antonio Brown? Not saying I'm disagreeing here, but what separates him/makes him better than the latter two? Just some clarification.

Look at the numbers in the chart in the OP. He's got better scores across the board (or is tied in others) but especially in run blocking than those two. He's a fraction of a point better than #2. I'd say that 1-5 could likely be interchanged depending on the weight you give to certain categories.

Crazy thing is he missed a game, if he played all 16 games he was on pace for 1,213 yards 10 tds.

He was clutch on 3rd downs all year. When the Offense needed a play he routinely came up with it with his only bad game being the 2 fumble game. Other than that he was consistently good throughout the entire year and never hit a rookie wall either.

Glad I listened to SP when he said "hes someone I'd want on my fantasy team" Payton never comes out and is that open about players but he was with MT the entire year.

Anyone else noticed that we didn't see the sick circus catches all year despite knowing he's capable of it SP and company appear to be coaching it out of him and making sure he always goes for the ball with 2 hands which he pretty much does.

should have had 10 TD's if Drew throws that last INT on his back shoulder instead of in front. It was open similar to the back shoulder TD he caught a few weeks ago on the CB where he casually just turned to the outside and snatched it b4 the CB could even jump or recover.

My thing is people underestimate his speed. He is not the fastest guy but he has speed. All through the season we all see how he can outmuscled defender. But I really want to see if they can design plays where he can sit in zone coverage out in the open. We all saw what he is capable of on Sunday. Get him out in the open and very good things will happen. Jerry Rice became great because of understanding where the open lane was. It is his run after the catch that was great. Thomas can be that way too.

My thing is people underestimate his speed. He is not the fastest guy but he has speed. All through the season we all see how he can outmuscled defender. But I really want to see if they can design plays where he can sit in zone coverage out in the open. We all saw what he is capable of on Sunday. Get him out in the open and very good things will happen. Jerry Rice became great because of understanding where the open lane was. It is his run after the catch that was great. Thomas can be that way too.

I agree,

He runs with so much power that he begins to pull away. The only people that have caught him are guys that had a good angle on him but typically if he broke a tackle you'd see him pull away from the initial guy within a couple of steps.

He won't be caught from behind many times..thats for sure and rarely is he caught by the same defender he makes miss.

I agree,

He runs with so much power that he begins to pull away. The only people that have caught him are guys that had a good angle on him but typically if he broke a tackle you'd see him pull away from the initial guy within a couple of steps.

He won't be caught from behind many times..thats for sure and rarely is he caught by the same defender he makes miss.

Also like to add that Brees are looking for him more than any of the other receivers. That is a huge for a rookie. Cooks is great but compare to his rookie season to Thomas rookie season...it is not close. Thomas is Brees go to guy. I really hate that we all have to wait till next season to see how great he can become. What I saw on Sunday was a preview of what can become.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom