Michael Thomas considered NFL's Best Route Runner (1 Viewer)

Do you believe Michael Thomas is the Best Route Runner in the NFL?

• YES

Votes: 48 88.9%
  • NO

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • TIED

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
The receiver you're describing is basically Julio Jones, or maybe Hopkins. Both of whom Thomas has beat from a pure numbers perspective. Julio has name power and pedigree, with the a log to back it up, but I wouldn't consider route running one of his specialties. Hopkins supposedly has deep speed, but finds himself running the same 40 time as MT. Beyond MT, Jones, and Hopkins, WRs become more specialized toward speed, hands, and size. Namely guys like Tyreek Hill or Mike Evans.

In short, I think Thomas has plenty of speed/quickness/etc, but the routes coach draws up don't exactly highlight that part of his game - nor does it need to.

I'm actually thinking of Devante Adams or non-crazy Antonio Brown types. I'm not saying Thomas isn't necessarily the best route runner technically but someone just as good or close with more speed and quickness would get more separation. So it matters how you measure it. Julio may also fit the bill because he's an athletic freak. I think Hopkins is more in Thomas's mold. I'm also not saying there are better WRs because they are quicker or faster. Size, knowing how to use that size, and hands are huge factors along with other things.

Just because Twitter begins with "T" doesn't necessarily mean that it imparts the truth.
It’s amazing how ridiculous people sound on Twitter. There hasn’t been a time when I logged off shaking my head at some comments.
Disclaimer: I only go on there if someone provides a link to it!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom