Saints Michael Thomas Draft Report (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

Swimmer is my friend
Reaction score
This report was very accurate on his strengths đź’Ş. What few minor weaknesses there were seemed to have vanished. In a 2016 redo Thomas would probably be a top 5 pick.

Reaction score
Check out this website analysis of his weaknesses. I think that uncertainty has vanished....
1596743174939.png
I bet Kamara had a similar note. Part of why he and Kamara were such steals was because of their limited usage in college.

One thing I do find accurate is the awkward lower body at times. It really never affects him but after a catch he sometimes doesn't seem fluid. One example that comes to mind was the big catch against the rams. He almost stumbles but catches himself to run to the endzone. He gets twisted up and it makes me hold my breath. Usually cause I'm scared he'll get hurt.

Again not really an issue but thought it was interesting they noted that.

Reaction score
The only pro scout who had it right was Matt Miller. He consistently said that CGM would be the best wideout in the draft and it wouldn't even be close. He saw something no other scout did, much like Payton saw something no other coach did in the first two rounds. And I could swear I've seen CGM give Matt some love on Twitter.

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Look at his 3 cone performance. 6.80 sec. Change of direction at full speed is a difference maker. This is the real measure for a possession receiver.
Which makes it crazier that a guy 40lbs heavier like Adam Trautman could run a faster time. So excited to see how he develops.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So many people got that pick wrong that it makes you interest perk up to see one who prettty much nailed it. Like what are they saying about guys this year interest.

and CGM is essentially lapping all the guys chosen above him, some of them combined.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
a quick recap of those Wideouts chosen ahead of CGM

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
That WR draft class was supposed to be solid. Lol I can remember Laquan Treadwell being talked about a lot leading up to the draft. MT will likely finish his career with better numbers than all of the WRs taken ahead of him combined.

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I might as well post this:

WARNING!: Cringe worthy..& Some who knew what they were talkin' 'bout from the beginning!
so a few were upset that we didn’t go Guard and others because we don’t go defense. We didn’t end up getting guard (is that the year we moved Peat over?). But by 2017 both sides of the ball were taking shape so saints knew more than us. Go figure. But we got two solid DTs (stud and a half maybe) a solid safety and a WR that is likely a future HOF.

but in retrospect, regardless of what needs were, if Thomas is there you gotta go get that guy. That is the point IMO that our drafts really turned around and the core of this team for the foreseeable future began to take shape.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I might as well post this:

WARNING!: Cringe worthy..& Some who knew what they were talkin' 'bout from the beginning!
The cringe is strong in that thread but some people were spot on. Nobody knew he'd become the best WR in football but some people were high on him from the start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
El Caliente Any word on Michael Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Report: Michael Thomas eyes a Week Four return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas out, Davante Adams doubtful for Saints-Packers clash Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints receiver Michael Thomas ruled out for the second straight week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
El Caliente Michael Thomas is out for Sunday Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Saints officially rule out Michael Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints injury report: Marcus Davenport returns to practice, Michael Thomas held out again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas out of another practice Thursday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No practice for Michael Thomas, in estimation Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus So maybe a healthy Michael Thomas is kind of important for the Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Who did Saints turn to without Michael Thomas? Tre'Quan Smith, Alvin Kamara and little else Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas better play next weekend Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
El Caliente Michael Thomas makes this offense Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 27
Saints at Raiders inactive lists: Michael Thomas no, Cesar Ruiz yes. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders: Michael Thomas officially inactive, 3 rookies to debut for New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Packers doctor to examine Michael Thomas' injury days before Saints play Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What will we watch closely in Saints vs. Raiders? Saints offense without Michael Thomas, for one Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Report: Saints WR Michael Thomas' could miss 2-4 weeks with ankle sprain Saints RSS News Feeds 0
What Michael Thomas' ankle injury means for him and the Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints 9/19/20 Injury Report (Michael Thomas officially ruled out) Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 6
Saints fans 'Ask Amie:' Answers about Michael Thomas, the secondary, practice squad call-ups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas is out for Monday night Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints will be without both Michael Thomas and Marcus Davenport against the Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints injury report: Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport continue to miss practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Lattimore Saints Michael Thomas “has a shot” to play Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 30
Andrus New Orleans Saints prepared to forge ahead if Michael Thomas cannot play SR News Page Articles 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints At Raiders Thursday injury report: Michael Thomas misses practice Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints Michael Thomas, Marcus Davenport miss practice; Sanders absence not injury related Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas doesn’t practice Thursday Saints RSS News Feeds 0
El Caliente Yo Earl Thomas, you up? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Source: Saints WR Thomas eyes Week 4 return Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints vs Packers Final injury report: Trey Hendrickson questionable, Thomas out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints WR Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen remain out on first Saints injury report of Packers week Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Should we go after Earl Thomas? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
cue180 Dr. Anderson might evaluate Thomas before Packers game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 17
Saints to have Packers doctor examine Thomas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Thomas (ankle) ruled out vs. Raiders Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Thomas, Davenport, Hansen ruled out for Saints at Las Vegas Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints at Raiders final injury report: Cesar Ruiz to play Monday; Thomas OUT Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saint Kamara Injury Report: Thomas/Davenport out, will the Raiders be able to field an O-line? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 42
Saints Week 2 - Friday Injury report - Davenport / Thomas DNP, Ruiz / Sanders FP Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 8
Andrus Saints activate Washington off COVID reserve; Thomas DNP SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints starting receivers Thomas, Sanders miss practice SR News Page Articles 0
Thomas, Davenport out while Ruiz, Williams return to practice for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Week 2: Saints Injury Report with Thomas, Davenport Listed Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Thomas, Davenport, Sanders all miss practice. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Payton refuses comment on Thomas injury, cites strength of special teams Saints RSS News Feeds 0