Saints Michael Thomas Draft Report (1 Viewer)

jasonsw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This report was very accurate on his strengths đź’Ş. What few minor weaknesses there were seemed to have vanished. In a 2016 redo Thomas would probably be a top 5 pick.

Check out this website analysis of his weaknesses. I think that uncertainty has vanished....
1596743174939.png

I bet Kamara had a similar note. Part of why he and Kamara were such steals was because of their limited usage in college.

One thing I do find accurate is the awkward lower body at times. It really never affects him but after a catch he sometimes doesn't seem fluid. One example that comes to mind was the big catch against the rams. He almost stumbles but catches himself to run to the endzone. He gets twisted up and it makes me hold my breath. Usually cause I'm scared he'll get hurt.

Again not really an issue but thought it was interesting they noted that.

The only pro scout who had it right was Matt Miller. He consistently said that CGM would be the best wideout in the draft and it wouldn't even be close. He saw something no other scout did, much like Payton saw something no other coach did in the first two rounds. And I could swear I've seen CGM give Matt some love on Twitter.

Look at his 3 cone performance. 6.80 sec. Change of direction at full speed is a difference maker. This is the real measure for a possession receiver.
Which makes it crazier that a guy 40lbs heavier like Adam Trautman could run a faster time. So excited to see how he develops.

So many people got that pick wrong that it makes you interest perk up to see one who prettty much nailed it. Like what are they saying about guys this year interest.

and CGM is essentially lapping all the guys chosen above him, some of them combined.

That WR draft class was supposed to be solid. Lol I can remember Laquan Treadwell being talked about a lot leading up to the draft. MT will likely finish his career with better numbers than all of the WRs taken ahead of him combined.

Look at his 3 cone performance. 6.80 sec. Change of direction at full speed is a difference maker. This is the real measure for a possession receiver.

I think it is the real measure for all WR's......

I might as well post this:

WARNING!: Cringe worthy..& Some who knew what they were talkin' 'bout from the beginning!

so a few were upset that we didn’t go Guard and others because we don’t go defense. We didn’t end up getting guard (is that the year we moved Peat over?). But by 2017 both sides of the ball were taking shape so saints knew more than us. Go figure. But we got two solid DTs (stud and a half maybe) a solid safety and a WR that is likely a future HOF.

but in retrospect, regardless of what needs were, if Thomas is there you gotta go get that guy. That is the point IMO that our drafts really turned around and the core of this team for the foreseeable future began to take shape.

I might as well post this:

WARNING!: Cringe worthy..& Some who knew what they were talkin' 'bout from the beginning!

The cringe is strong in that thread but some people were spot on. Nobody knew he'd become the best WR in football but some people were high on him from the start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom