Michael Thomas had best season for rookie WR since Randy Moss- BuckNuts (1 Viewer)

Didn't read the article yet so not sure if this was touched on but I though odell had second best rookie season so MT would be 3rd? From my memory Odell missed like the first 3-4games and ended with insane stats

Their analysis has little to do with top line numbers.

They take things like opponent difficulty weighting, catch efficiency, target totals, etc. into account.

I wondered why you specified your right cheek. Then I remembered you mentioning you used to be a Tampa fan and you have a Buccaneer on your left.

Yep, a butt pirate.

I never said I was a Bucs fan unless I did a PUI!

Great post/find, Swimmer. :9:

Obviously, Bucknuts relates to the Ohio State Buckeyes.

You'd expect the article to be slanted in MT's favor. Even so, you can't argue against the points made. Good find!

:gosaints:

Thanks ndcc. A lot of Who Dats thought Thomas was going to be good. I don't think any of thought he would mentioned in the same sentence as Jerry Rice, Julio Jones and AJ Green. We may have a Top 5 WR for a decade and the show could get better yeer after year as he perfects his skills and knowledge of defenses.

So where does Odell Beckham's rookie season rank? I love Michael Thomas, but his rookie season wasn't better than Odell's. Odell played in fewer games and still managed the following:

Catches: 91
Yards: 1,305
TDs: 12
Average Yards Game: 108.8

If we extrapolate Odell's numbers over a sixteen game season then we get the following:

Catches: 121
Yards: 1,740
TDs: 16

The pace Odell was putting up numbers during his rookie season is only rivaled by what Randy Moss did his rookie season. Seventeen TDs for Moss during his rookie season. That's ridiculous. Other than TDs, Moss can't compare to Odell's rookie season. Eight receptions for 109 yards per game during Odell's rookie campaign is astounding. Mike Thomas doesn't compare to that.

Extrapolation is about as accurate as Osweiller!
Thomas had a full season(even w/missing 1 game), Beckham did not. Availability trumps any talent. there's much more to the position than catches.

A

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom